Arthur Porges, author of "The Fly", dead at 91
d***@comcast.net
2006-05-25 19:31:24 UTC
Deaths
ยท SF/fantasy writer Arthur Porges, born 1915, died Friday, May 12th,
2006. He wrote dozens of stories in fantasy and mystery magazines from
the early 1950s through 2005, including five stories in F&SF since
2003, with Ash-Tree Press publishing collection The Mirror and Other
Strange Reflections in 2002. His most-often reprinted stories were "The
Fly" (1952) and "The Ruum" (1953).
(Locus)

(Can't believe the author of "The Fly" isn't getting more attention!
"Help me! Please help me!")
S***@aol.com
2006-05-25 23:46:53 UTC
I think you are mistaken. Charles Edward Porges was one of the
writer's of "The Fly." I can find no reference for Arthur Pogue
writing this story.
Hyfler/Rosner
2006-05-26 00:51:53 UTC
Post by S***@aol.com
I think you are mistaken. Charles Edward Porges was one of
the
writer's of "The Fly." I can find no reference for Arthur
Pogue
writing this story.
From an obit writer doing the research:

the person who posted "The Fly" is mistaken. The movie
that everyone knows
is based on story by the long-dead George Langelaan, accd
to my research.