Fred Ferrara, founding member of The Brooklyn Bridge and Del Satins
The Other Diane
2011-10-22 16:44:04 UTC
I was hoping someone would've posted this already so I wouldn't have to
think about it.
Freddy Ferrara, who had been a member of Johnny Maestro & The Brooklyn
Bridge from the beginning, and was before that a member of the doo wop group
The Del Satins, died yesterday.

Freddy was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He was with the
Bridge through all their recordings starting with the hit song "The Worst
That Could Happen" until their last performance just a week or two ago. In
the last couple of years he sat on a stool during concerts due to the
effects of an illness called amyloidosis (not sure of spelling). The disease
kept going but so did Freddy.

He will be greatly missed by many loyal fans of the group, who have
supported them since the passing of the great Johnny Maestro in March of
last year.

Rest in peace, Freddy. We will always love you and never forget what a nice
man you were, and how much your presence helped to make the Brooklyn Bridge
magical for over 40 years.

The Other Diane
La N.
2011-10-22 16:59:30 UTC
Post by The Other Diane
[...]
Sorry to hear that. What a great group, the Brooklyn Bridge.

- nilita
c***@gmail.com
2013-03-14 16:02:31 UTC
I worked with Fred a long time ago (we were just kids) circa 1960. We worked for Hayden Stone & Co at 80 Pine Street. Fred was my supervisor and he was indeed the nicest guy you'd ever meet. Les worked in the same building at a different company. They would harmonize outside the building every day. There was a few other guys that sang along. One guy was actually a pretty good lead. (Don't know what became of that guy)
Good memories. Rest in peace boss.

Jim
c***@aol.com
2013-03-14 16:07:03 UTC