Denise Nickerson, Violet in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, dies at 62
Ubiquitous
2019-07-11 08:05:09 UTC
Denise Nickerson, the actress best known for playing the spoiled, gum-
obsessed girl Violet Beauregarde in the beloved film Willy Wonka & the
Chocolate Factory, died Wednesday night. She was 62.

Her family announced her death in a Facebook post late Wednesday night:
“She’s gone.”

In a Facebook post earlier this week, her family said Nickerson, who
had a stroke last year, experienced a major medical emergency Monday
and was admitted to the hospital. Her son, Josh Nickerson, and his
wife, Jasmine, wrote that Nickerson suffered seizures and developed
pneumonia, and they made the decision to take her off life support
after she entered a “coma-like state.”

Born in New York City in 1957, Nickerson was 13 when she appeared in
Willy Wonka, which starred Gene Wilder as the eccentric chocolatier.
“I’m a very fortunate lady to have been chosen to be a part of
something that brings smiles to so many faces,” she told PEOPLE in
2016.

As for Wilder, Nickerson recalled that “he was such a kind, tender-
hearted man. And for him to put up with us, my God what patience he
must’ve needed for five of us running around [on set].”

Nickerson made her screen debut in an episode of the TV series Flipper,
and appeared on shows including Dark Shadows, The Electric Company, and
The Brady Bunch. She left Hollywood in 1978 and later became a nurse.

Following her stroke in 2018, Nickerson entered a rehab facility but
was able to return home later that year. She was even visited by her
Willy Wonka costars Paris Themmen (Mike Teevee) and Julie Dawn Cole
(Veruca Salt) last September.

Nickerson’s family has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money, in part
to honor her wish “to be cremated and her ashes made into a piece of
glass art,” as well as for their home expenses. She is survived by her
son and daughter-in-law.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-13 19:16:38 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Oh come on. Those things start at $100. They have brochures at the mortuary.
They're an impulse buy. I'm sure you could probably run it up into the
thousands if you really tried, but it's hardly something requiring a GoFundMe
page!
--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/
A Friend
2019-07-13 20:51:15 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
Denise Nickerson, the actress best known for playing the spoiled, gum-
obsessed girl Violet Beauregarde in the beloved film Willy Wonka& the
Chocolate Factory, died Wednesday night. She was 62.
³She¹s gone.²
In a Facebook post earlier this week, her family said Nickerson, who
had a stroke last year, experienced a major medical emergency Monday
and was admitted to the hospital. Her son, Josh Nickerson, and his
wife, Jasmine, wrote that Nickerson suffered seizures and developed
pneumonia, and they made the decision to take her off life support
after she entered a ³coma-like state.²
Born in New York City in 1957, Nickerson was 13 when she appeared in
Willy Wonka, which starred Gene Wilder as the eccentric chocolatier.
³I¹m a very fortunate lady to have been chosen to be a part of
something that brings smiles to so many faces,² she told PEOPLE in
2016.
As for Wilder, Nickerson recalled that ³he was such a kind, tender-
hearted man. And for him to put up with us, my God what patience he
must¹ve needed for five of us running around [on set].²
Nickerson made her screen debut in an episode of the TV series Flipper,
and appeared on shows including Dark Shadows, The Electric Company, and
The Brady Bunch. She left Hollywood in 1978 and later became a nurse.
Following her stroke in 2018, Nickerson entered a rehab facility but
was able to return home later that year. She was even visited by her
Willy Wonka costars Paris Themmen (Mike Teevee) and Julie Dawn Cole
(Veruca Salt) last September.
Nickerson¹s family has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money, in part
to honor her wish ³to be cremated and her ashes made into a piece of
glass art,²
Oh come on. Those things start at $100. They have brochures at the mortuary.
They're an impulse buy. I'm sure you could probably run it up into the
thousands if you really tried, but it's hardly something requiring a GoFundMe
page!
It says they're raising money "in part" to do that glass thingie. I
see this around here all the time. Some poor kid dies in a car
accident or a meth lab explosion, and the family sets up a GoFundMe to
pay for a lavish funeral north of $10k. I think the funeral homes are
in on it.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-13 21:10:07 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Yeah. I'm pretty sure they're in on those 'Funeral Advantage' death insurance
schemes.
A Friend
2019-07-14 02:41:25 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
Denise Nickerson, the actress best known for playing the spoiled, gum-
obsessed girl Violet Beauregarde in the beloved film Willy Wonka& the
Chocolate Factory, died Wednesday night. She was 62.
3She1s gone.2
In a Facebook post earlier this week, her family said Nickerson, who
had a stroke last year, experienced a major medical emergency Monday
and was admitted to the hospital. Her son, Josh Nickerson, and his
wife, Jasmine, wrote that Nickerson suffered seizures and developed
pneumonia, and they made the decision to take her off life support
after she entered a 3coma-like state.2
Born in New York City in 1957, Nickerson was 13 when she appeared in
Willy Wonka, which starred Gene Wilder as the eccentric chocolatier.
3I1m a very fortunate lady to have been chosen to be a part of
something that brings smiles to so many faces,2 she told PEOPLE in
2016.
As for Wilder, Nickerson recalled that 3he was such a kind, tender-
hearted man. And for him to put up with us, my God what patience he
must1ve needed for five of us running around [on set].2
Nickerson made her screen debut in an episode of the TV series Flipper,
and appeared on shows including Dark Shadows, The Electric Company, and
The Brady Bunch. She left Hollywood in 1978 and later became a nurse.
Following her stroke in 2018, Nickerson entered a rehab facility but
was able to return home later that year. She was even visited by her
Willy Wonka costars Paris Themmen (Mike Teevee) and Julie Dawn Cole
(Veruca Salt) last September.
Nickerson1s family has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money, in part
to honor her wish 3to be cremated and her ashes made into a piece of
glass art,2
Oh come on. Those things start at $100. They have brochures at the mortuary.
They're an impulse buy. I'm sure you could probably run it up into the
thousands if you really tried, but it's hardly something requiring a GoFundMe
page!
It says they're raising money "in part" to do that glass thingie. I
see this around here all the time. Some poor kid dies in a car
accident or a meth lab explosion, and the family sets up a GoFundMe to
pay for a lavish funeral north of $10k. I think the funeral homes are
in on it.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure they're in on those 'Funeral Advantage' death insurance
schemes.
They're absolutely in on the thing where funeral home reps go around
the old-age homes to find vets who are due a gov't-paid funeral and
sign them up. They don't bother to recruit a crowd and (despite all
propaganda) the local vets orgs really couldn't care less*, so the
guest of honor sits alone in his box for three days, then they bury
him, and then the funeral home collects a check. We're in the wrong
business.

*They might care if they knew the guy or if he'd been a member.
Mostly, though, the local vets orgs are around in order to provide a
place where guys can go to drink on Sundays.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-14 02:42:41 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Ah, I knew there was a buried scam in there somewhere; I hadn't considered
they were trying to tap into other insurance.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-15 13:33:06 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
I read it was mostly to help cover her medical expenses.

anim8rfsk
2019-07-15 16:35:22 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
That would be different.
That Derek
2019-07-15 13:41:00 UTC
Nickerson’s family has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money, in part to honor her wish “to be cremated and her ashes made into a piece of glass art,”
Perhaps in a panel for a glass elevator?

To think that anybody would contribute to such an outrageous and extraneous request is "Pure Imagination."