OT TURN! TURN! TURN! (Lyrics) - THE BYRDS
Matthew Kruk
2021-08-22 06:03:44 UTC

A Friend
2021-08-22 11:14:50 UTC
Post by Matthew Kruk
http://youtu.be/pKP4cfU28vM
Since we're all getting old and knowledge should be preserved, I want
to point out that the song was inspired by a homily at JFK's requiem
Mass, during which a priest recited the Bible verses associated with
the song.
Kenny McCormack
2021-08-22 12:36:48 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Matthew Kruk
http://youtu.be/pKP4cfU28vM
Since we're all getting old and knowledge should be preserved, I want
to point out that the song was inspired by a homily at JFK's requiem
Mass, during which a priest recited the Bible verses associated with
the song.
According to the YT description attached to that video, the song was put to
music by Pete Seeger in 1959 and recorded by him in 1962.

Both dates precede JFK's death.
--
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a million miles to
the gallon, and explode once every few weeks, killing everyone inside.
A Friend
2021-08-22 13:23:47 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by A Friend
Post by Matthew Kruk
http://youtu.be/pKP4cfU28vM
Since we're all getting old and knowledge should be preserved, I want
to point out that the song was inspired by a homily at JFK's requiem
Mass, during which a priest recited the Bible verses associated with
the song.
According to the YT description attached to that video, the song was put to
music by Pete Seeger in 1959 and recorded by him in 1962.
Both dates precede JFK's death.
Ach. I meant the Byrds cover, and I should have said so. Thanks.