Alberto Fujimori, Peruvian ex-President
Add Reply
Mark Shaw
2024-09-20 00:37:16 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Death_of_Alberto_Fujimori&oldid=1246430989

Revision version (hmm) chosen as article is slated for possible
deletion.

Alberto Fujimori, President of Peru from 1990 to 2000, died in
Lima on 11 September 2024 at the age of 86, following a series
of health issues. His state funeral took place on 14 September.
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"Anyway, we delivered the bomb."
Travoltron
2024-09-20 04:47:59 UTC
I never understood why this idiot couldn't just live his live out in
exile in Japan in peace. He just had to push it by visiting South
America again.
Mark Shaw
2024-09-20 21:11:48 UTC
Post by Travoltron
I never understood why this idiot couldn't just live his live out in
exile in Japan in peace.
Perhaps because he wasn't Japanese? He was born in Lima.
Travoltron
2024-09-21 00:48:22 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Perhaps because he wasn't Japanese? He was born in Lima.
I used to live there. It's not that bad. I actually regret coming back
to the USA. And Fujimori actually looks Japanese and would fit in better
there.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-09-21 13:22:27 UTC
Post by Travoltron
Post by Mark Shaw
Perhaps because he wasn't Japanese? He was born in Lima.
I used to live there. It's not that bad. I actually regret coming back
to the USA. And Fujimori actually looks Japanese and would fit in better
there.
Don't be absurd. A native-born Japanese person who lived in foreign
countries for long periods of time is treated as compromised. Japanese
absolutely would not have accepted a Japanese ethnic native to another
country as one of their own. "Looks" are hardly adequate in their closed
society.
bryan_styble
2024-09-21 19:56:12 UTC
Fascinating AND enlightening points in this thread thus far, so thanks
to one and all.

I've often wondered about this Peru/Japan connection; anyone know the
history of it? I mean, we all know about postwar Nazi fugitives ending
up in South America, but how did Japan come to so cross-pollinate its
population with a country more than 12,000 miles east of it?
(ESPECIALLY in those days long before online dating?)

Well, at least all those Nazis on the run down there--often just one
step ahead of Simon Wiesenthal* & company--had access to top-notch
health care on that lesser American continent, thanks to the late
surgeon, Dr. Hitler Saavadra.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-----------------------
* Born New Year's Eve 1908, a Thursday*, and died at 96 in Vienna on
Tuesday, September 20, 2005.
** The day before the Friday that was New Year's Day 1909, the very date
when the late Senator, statesman and 1964 GOP standard-bearer Barry
Goldwater was born during the waning weeks of Theodore Roosevelt's only
full term as POTUS, and now-sadly-forgotten man Charles Fairbanks--the
Alaska burg's improbable namesake, as he never set foot in the
city!--was enjoying his final 2+ months as Vice President.
=================
https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23695&group=alt.obituaries#23695
bryan_styble
2024-09-21 20:04:19 UTC
YET ANOTHER DISC JOCKEY ERROR:

That Thursday citation in my posting directly above should have had
appended to it TWO asterisks*.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
=================
* A word almost always annoyingly mispronounced by the semiliterate
jockcasters who infest all-sports radio as "AS-ter-iks".
Louis Epstein
2024-09-22 16:12:33 UTC
Post by bryan_styble
That Thursday citation in my posting directly above should have had
appended to it TWO asterisks*.
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
=================
* A word almost always annoyingly mispronounced by the semiliterate
jockcasters who infest all-sports radio as "AS-ter-iks".
May they be pummeled by inadvertently summoned comical
Gauls from the minds of Uderzo and Goscinny!

-=-=-
Dave Garrett
2024-09-26 06:11:40 UTC
Post by bryan_styble
That Thursday citation in my posting directly above should have had
appended to it TWO asterisks*.
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
=================
* A word almost always annoyingly mispronounced by the semiliterate
jockcasters who infest all-sports radio as "AS-ter-iks".
Guess they've never heard the verse that leaves no doubt as to the
proper pronunciation.

Little Mary donned her skates
Upon thin ice to frisk;
Wasn?t she a silly girl