Mitzi Gaynor, 93
Add Reply
Diner99
2024-10-17 15:32:49 UTC
Mitzi Gaynor, the leggy entertainer whose saucy vitality and blond
beauty graced the big screen in South Pacific and on Las Vegas stages
and in spectacular TV specials, has died. She was 93.

Gaynor, who received top billing over The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan
Show on Feb. 16, 1964, and was famed costume designer Bob Mackie‘s first
celebrity client, died Oct. 17 of natural causes, her team announced in
a statement.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mitzi-gaynor-dead-south-pacific-star-1236034187/
Adam H. Kerman
2024-10-17 16:16:07 UTC
Post by Diner99
Mitzi Gaynor, the leggy entertainer whose saucy vitality and blond
beauty graced the big screen in South Pacific and on Las Vegas stages
and in spectacular TV specials, has died. She was 93.
I had just re-watched the movie South Pacific.
Mig.Rhodes
2024-10-17 17:13:00 UTC
‘Frankly, I don’t think I was very good in movies,’ she said. ‘My
features are nice but I’m not a great beauty. I think I was better live’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2024/10/17/mitzi-gaynor-south-pacific-ed-sullivan-las-vegas/

She was one of those stars I though must have died years ago.
Louis Epstein
2024-10-17 17:33:21 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Diner99
Mitzi Gaynor, the leggy entertainer whose saucy vitality and blond
beauty graced the big screen in South Pacific and on Las Vegas stages
and in spectacular TV specials, has died. She was 93.
I had just re-watched the movie South Pacific.
In my ninth grade art class,the old magazines we were permitted
to look through and cut up for collage material included a Life
spread showing Gaynor dressed in costumes from various eras,
with the last of them being of her role from South Pacific.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Diner99
Gaynor, who received top billing over The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan
Show on Feb. 16, 1964, and was famed costume designer Bob Mackie???s first
celebrity client, died Oct. 17 of natural causes, her team announced in
a statement.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/mitzi-gaynor-dead-south-pacific-star-1236034187/
-=-=-
bryan_styble
2024-10-17 19:29:10 UTC
Mitzi McCall, Mitzi Gaynor...

Fortunately for the surviving Mitzis of the world, I don't know of any
other prominent ones out of which Sir Epstein may assemble another one
of his celebrity triads.

And I suppose two dead Mitzis is plenty enough for anyway, doncha think?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Louis Epstein
2024-10-17 22:00:05 UTC
Post by bryan_styble
Mitzi McCall, Mitzi Gaynor...
Fortunately for the surviving Mitzis of the world, I don't know of any
other prominent ones out of which Sir Epstein may assemble another one
of his celebrity triads.
And I suppose two dead Mitzis is plenty enough for anyway, doncha think?
I recall a family friend-of-sorts,not seen for decades,named Mitzi,
and just looked her and her husband up on Google,he died in 2006 and she
died in 2020,both on Valentine's Day..the obit was big on their being
involved in a cause on which I have long been on the opposite side
(I'm a nuclear energy enthusiast,she was a scaremonger).
Post by bryan_styble
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
-=-=-