Shelley Winters married longtime boyfriend hours before her death
Charlene
2006-01-20 04:37:52 UTC
Movie star Shelley Winters realized her dream of marrying boyfriend
Gerry DeFord hours before she died this past weekend. The Poseidon
Adventure star's partner of 18 years called off the couple's wedding
plans after Winters' daughter Vittoria Gassman publicly opposed the
marriage. Gassman, who took charge of her mother's estate while she
battled drug problems, refused to give up her right to the actress'
fortune and Winters eventually decided to give up on her wedding
dreams. But she became Mrs. Gerry DeFord on her death bed when actress
pal Sally Kirkland, a legally ordained Los Angeles minister, wed the
couple on Friday night. It was 85-year-old Winters' fourth marriage and
DeFord's first. Winters died of heart failure 10 hours after exchanging
vows.

--

Sally Kirkland is an ordained minister?

wd41
aka Bob
2006-01-20 04:52:52 UTC
Post by Charlene
Movie star Shelley Winters realized her dream of marrying boyfriend
Gerry DeFord hours before she died this past weekend. The Poseidon
Adventure star's partner of 18 years called off the couple's wedding
plans after Winters' daughter Vittoria Gassman publicly opposed the
marriage. Gassman, who took charge of her mother's estate while she
battled drug problems, refused to give up her right to the actress'
fortune and Winters eventually decided to give up on her wedding
dreams. But she became Mrs. Gerry DeFord on her death bed when actress
pal Sally Kirkland, a legally ordained Los Angeles minister, wed the
couple on Friday night. It was 85-year-old Winters' fourth marriage and
DeFord's first. Winters died of heart failure 10 hours after exchanging
vows.
--
Sally Kirkland is an ordained minister?
Vitoria Gassman is a daughter?

Frankly, if I had a daughter like her I'd make sure she didn't get a
cent!

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Charlene
2006-01-20 05:01:39 UTC
Post by aka Bob
Vitoria Gassman is a daughter?
Frankly, if I had a daughter like her I'd make sure she didn't get a
cent!
It's not like she needs it. She's a physician, for heaven's sake. Did
she really think that her mother's boyfriend of 18 YEARS was a
golddigger?

wd41
Bill Schenley
2006-01-20 19:10:00 UTC
Post by Charlene
Post by aka Bob
Frankly, if I had a daughter like her I'd make sure she
didn't get a cent!
It's not like she needs it. She's a physician, for heaven's
sake. Did she really think that her mother's boyfriend of
18 YEARS was a golddigger?
It was a "spiritual" marriage ... Not a *legal* marriage ...

She was 85 ... and he was her *never-married* ... "companion."

He was probably there on salary ...

From what I understand ... her last few years were not exactly based
in reality ... And I'm not sure Sally Kirkland, who, by the way, is
her goddaughter, has ever been in touch with reality.
Brad Ferguson
2006-01-20 21:32:36 UTC
Post by Bill Schenley
Post by Charlene
Post by aka Bob
Frankly, if I had a daughter like her I'd make sure she
didn't get a cent!
It's not like she needs it. She's a physician, for heaven's
sake. Did she really think that her mother's boyfriend of
18 YEARS was a golddigger?
It was a "spiritual" marriage ... Not a *legal* marriage ...
She was 85 ... and he was her *never-married* ... "companion."
He was probably there on salary ...
From what I understand ... her last few years were not exactly based
in reality ... And I'm not sure Sally Kirkland, who, by the way, is
her goddaughter, has ever been in touch with reality.
So ... anybody else remember Mark Harris?

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1157893/
TJ-BF
2006-01-20 05:13:20 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Charlene
Movie star Shelley Winters realized her dream of marrying boyfriend
Gerry DeFord hours before she died this past weekend. The Poseidon
Adventure star's partner of 18 years called off the couple's wedding
plans after Winters' daughter Vittoria Gassman publicly opposed the
marriage. Gassman, who took charge of her mother's estate while she
battled drug problems, refused to give up her right to the actress'
fortune and Winters eventually decided to give up on her wedding
dreams. But she became Mrs. Gerry DeFord on her death bed when actress
pal Sally Kirkland, a legally ordained Los Angeles minister, wed the
couple on Friday night. It was 85-year-old Winters' fourth marriage and
DeFord's first. Winters died of heart failure 10 hours after exchanging
vows.
I read that earlier today on IMDb.com.
I should have posted it myself, but I'm glad you did, Charlene.
Post by Charlene
--
Sally Kirkland is an ordained minister?
Apparently.
ingrid56
2006-01-21 00:24:11 UTC
Post by Charlene
Sally Kirkland is an ordained minister?
She's been Dead a lot:

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http://www.cinemorgue.com/sallykirkland.html&h=192&w=256&sz=12&tbnid=M7TTKWlKkngYrM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=107&hl=en&start=10&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSally%2BKirkland%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

or -

http://tinyurl.com/d4n9q

Jack