Miki Nozawa, 57; celebrity chef dies after beating
Rick B.
2013-05-17 16:03:03 UTC
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/17/18316420-chef-to-the-stars-miki-nozawa-dies-following-confrontation-over-unpaid-bill?lite

Chef to the stars Miki Nozawa dies following confrontation over unpaid bill

By Carlo Angerer, Producer, NBC News

MUNICH, Germany -- A chef to the stars has died following a fight that
reportedly started with an argument over fried noodles.

Miki Nozawa, 57, died from a cerebral hemorrhage on Monday after confronting two
men outside a nightclub and demanding that they pay a bill left at his eponymous
Asian diner on the German resort island of Sylt, officials said.

According to German media reports, two customers had earlier left the restaurant
after complaining to Nozawa about their beef noodle dish. The German tabloid
Bild said the total bill was about $25.

Nozawa was beaten until he was unconscious, according to reports.

Senior public prosecutor RĂ¼diger Meienburg said an autopsy had not clearly
indicated whether the beating alone had killed Nozawa or had possibly
exacerbated an existing medical condition. He said authorities were waiting for
further results.

"We are vigorously investigating and trying to find out exactly what happened,"
Meienburg added.

He confirmed that police had questioned two suspects but said that the exact
sequence and nature of the events had not been determined.

Born in Tokyo and known for his Japanese-Italian fusion dishes, Nozawa had
cooked for celebrities including Mikhail Gorbachev, Phil Collins, Naomi Campbell
and Denzel Washington.

After a stint cooking for the rich and famous in Berlin and at the Billionaire
Club in Sardinia, Italy, Nozawa had recently moved to Sylt, an island known for
its luxurious lifestyle. He opened his Asian diner in March.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2013-05-17 16:21:17 UTC
I too, hate when the noodles are overdone.

And, the servings were too small.

Twenty-five dollars for Ramen?
Brad Ferguson
2013-05-17 16:28:36 UTC
Yes, but it was to die for.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
Wrong! It was to kill for. Nothing is worth dying for.
Sarah Ehrett
2013-05-17 18:05:06 UTC
On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:30:34 -0700 (PDT), "Stinky Smelly Arse"
Post by Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
Nothing is worth dying for.
Not even your wife and children, "wilma" ?

Or maybe a bar of soap and a hand-held shower head for your next "cruise" ?
Anglo Saxon
2013-05-17 18:27:11 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Or maybe a bar of soap and a hand-held shower head for your next
"cruise" ? >

Ah, those old Navy days, aye, Ken? Nothing like a trip down memory
lane....
the left hander
2013-05-18 08:23:19 UTC
I cant believe this happened over such a cheap meal. There must have
been more to the situation.
BobF
2013-05-18 09:00:24 UTC
Post by the left hander
I cant believe this happened over such a cheap meal. There must have
been more to the situation.
Heartburn?
--
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Tim J.
2013-05-23 22:30:22 UTC
Alcohol?
BobF

Tommy Joe
2013-05-24 03:44:11 UTC
Post by Rick B.
MUNICH, Germany -- A chef to the stars has died following a fight that
reportedly started with an argument over fried noodles.
I didn't read the article. Sorry, it was the headline that got
me. I instantly thought of all the words in the cooking biz that have
a violent ring to them. Whipped eggs, beat or mashed potatoes,
grilled cheese, pounded chicken - sliced, diced, cubed, reduced,
doused - - all sorts of words that conjure up images of violence.

TJ
R H Draney
2013-05-24 04:18:12 UTC
Post by Tommy Joe
Post by Rick B.
MUNICH, Germany -- A chef to the stars has died following a fight that
reportedly started with an argument over fried noodles.
I didn't read the article. Sorry, it was the headline that got
me. I instantly thought of all the words in the cooking biz that have
a violent ring to them. Whipped eggs, beat or mashed potatoes,
grilled cheese, pounded chicken - sliced, diced, cubed, reduced,
doused - - all sorts of words that conjure up images of violence.
Nowhere is this more evident than at the Waffle House, where you can order your
hashbrowns scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, diced, peppered, capped,
topped and "country", or any combination thereof....r
--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.
Tommy Joe
2013-05-24 14:47:14 UTC
Post by R H Draney
Nowhere is this more evident than at the Waffle House, where you can order your
hashbrowns scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, diced, peppered, capped,
topped and "country", or any combination thereof....r
Thanks for adding. "Pulverized" also comes to mind. Maybe chefs
are serial killers at heart, and as long as they stay busy in the
kitchen people will be safe and free from bitchin'. They wear the
long white hats to hide their steaming brains. "Steamed", there's
another one. Put 'em in a big container and steam them. But mash
them first. Give 'em a good working over.

TJ