Maggie Cooper, 61, actress/reporter (died 2016)
Diner
2018-08-08 23:48:32 UTC
A few months ago, while doing some random web surfing, I saw an item on a "Falcon Crest" fan site reporting that actress Maggie Cooper had died in October 2016 at age 61 of ovarian cancer:

http://falcon-crest.blogspot.com/2016/10/maggie-cooper-dead-at-61.html

However, the news was credited to an anonymous source, and I was not able to find any confirmation at the time. Moreover, her IMDB page does not list her as deceased:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178232/

Earlier today, the former child actress Pamelyn Ferdin posted (on her Facebook page) the news that Ty Henderson, one of her co-stars on the 1977 Saturday morning series "Space Academy," had died. (I passed along that news in a separate post here on alt.obituaries.)

I took the opportunity to ask her what had become of Maggie Cooper, another one of her co-stars on that series. Ms. Ferdin confirmed that Maggie died in 2016.

Maggie Cooper has IMDB credits as an actress from 1977 through 1989. She was Chuck Norris' leading lady in "An Eye For an Eye" (1981), and she was a regular on three CBS series: "Space Academy" (1977); "I Had Three Wives" (1985, where she played one of three ex-wives of private eye Victor Garber); and "Falcon Crest," where she played Lori Stevens during the 1982-83 season, then returned as Alison during the 1987-88 season.

After giving up acting, she joined CBS News, serving as a correspondent on the prime time magazine series "Public Eye with Bryant Gumbel" (1997-98).
s***@gmail.com
s***@gmail.com
s***@gmail.com
I knew her long ago as a teenager. IN Ecuador. Do you know here her family is? I used to date her brother
c***@gmail.com
2019-12-09 03:01:27 UTC
I was a friend of Maggie's since childhood. She passed away on October 3, 2016. She was an amazing woman. Her brother is still alive.
j***@gmail.com
2020-03-25 21:29:28 UTC
I tried to find the obituary but had little luck. There's very little info about her on the internet. I only recently discovered she worked for WCBS and CBS News.
d***@gmail.com
2020-06-17 12:38:27 UTC
It's said that she passed away in North Carolina. Where at in NC?
smith jarrod
2020-08-25 15:45:15 UTC
I was a friend of Maggie's since childhood. She passed away on October 3, 2016. She was an amazing woman. Her brother is still alive. where is her brother?
Jay Nix
2021-02-04 13:33:32 UTC
Do you know the cause of death? I can't find an obituary online anywhere.
South Whidbey Commons
2021-08-01 02:15:06 UTC
She died from ovarian cancer. There was no obituary published that I am aware of. She was in Massachusetts. I do not know where her brother is at this time. He was in MA at the time of her death.
South Whidbey Commons
2021-08-01 02:15:41 UTC