Jean Carson, ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW actress
BeAStooge
2005-11-05 05:43:12 UTC
Actress Jean Carson died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.

Probably best-remembered for THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, as Daphne the fun
girl from Mt. Pilot in "Barney Mends a Broken Heart," "The Fun Girls"
and "The Arrest of the Fun Girls," and one of the woman convicts
(Naomi) in the classic episode "Convicts at Large."

Other notable credits include Peter Sellers' THE PARTY (1968), and THE
TWILIGHT ZONE's "A Most Unusual Camera."

http://www.mayberry.com/
http://www.tagsrwc.com/crumpbb/messages/408.html
http://www.mayberry.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=jeancarson;action=display;num=1131076818
Rob Petrie
2005-11-05 06:55:26 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by BeAStooge
Actress Jean Carson died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.
Probably best-remembered for THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, as Daphne the fun
girl from Mt. Pilot in "Barney Mends a Broken Heart," "The Fun Girls"
and "The Arrest of the Fun Girls," and one of the woman convicts
(Naomi) in the classic episode "Convicts at Large."
Other notable credits include Peter Sellers' THE PARTY (1968), and THE
TWILIGHT ZONE's "A Most Unusual Camera."
http://www.mayberry.com/
http://www.tagsrwc.com/crumpbb/messages/408.html
http://www.mayberry.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=jeancarson;action=display;num=1131076818
I'm sorry to hear of her passing. Born Feb. 28, 1925 in Charleston, WV.
She was 80.
http://www.hellodoll.com

We'll never forget Jean Carson and her late soulmate in fun, Joyce
Jameson, 54 (b.Sept. 26, 1932 d. Jan. 16, 1987), as 'Skippy', on THE ANDY
GRIFFITH SHOW.

'Barney Mends a Broken Heart' episode, Nov. 5, 1962.
'The Fun Girls' episode, Apr. 13, 1964.
'The Arrest of The Fun Girls' episode, Apr. 5, 1965.

and Jean Carson without Joyce Jameson in,

'Convicts-at-Large' episode, Dec. 10, 1962

"Hello, doll!"
--Jean Carson, as 'Daphne', said in a very low throaty voice.
James Neibaur
2005-11-05 13:29:50 UTC
BeAStooge 11/4/05 11:43 PM
Post by BeAStooge
Actress Jean Carson died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.
Ah, one of the fun girls has died, in fact that last survivor of the two. I
think they appeared in two or three episodes, but my favorite one is where
they ended up with Gomer and Goober at a dance and were thrilled with
Goober's hilariously awful impression of Cary Grant.

JN
d***@comcast.net
2005-11-05 17:28:13 UTC
Actress Jean Carson died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.

This makes 3 actors that appeared on the Twilight Zone to die recently
John Larch ("It's a Good Life" Lloyd Bochner ("To Serve Man") & now
Jean Carson ("A Most Unusual Camera")
MWB
2005-11-05 19:43:40 UTC
Post by James Neibaur
BeAStooge 11/4/05 11:43 PM
Post by BeAStooge
Actress Jean Carson died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.
Ah, one of the fun girls has died, in fact that last survivor of the two.
think they appeared in two or three episodes, but my favorite one is where
they ended up with Gomer and Goober at a dance and were thrilled with
Goober's hilariously awful impression of Cary Grant.
JN
A very funny episode.

Mark
Rob Petrie
2005-11-05 21:00:41 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by James Neibaur
BeAStooge 11/4/05 11:43 PM
Actress Jean Carson [80] died Wednesday, November 2, in Palm Springs.
Ah, one of the fun girls has died, in fact that last survivor of the two.
think they appeared in two or three episodes, but my favorite one is where
they ended up with Gomer and Goober at a dance and were thrilled with
Goober's hilariously awful impression of Cary Grant.
Joyce Jameson ('Skippy') preceded Jean Carson ('Daphne') in death at a
very young age (54) in Jan. 1987. Joyce was the epitome of the 'dumb
blonde' and played that role at least as good as the more celebrated M.M.,
if I may say so. She did the same thing on a "Dick Van Dyke Show" episode
('A Day in the Life of Alan Brady', Apr. 1966) as 'Blanche', the wife of a
drunk at a party--who was always threatening anybody who got too close (or
made goo-goo eyes at) to 'Blanche'.
They both appeared in an "Andy Griffith Show" episode that wasn't
centered on them: 'Barney Mends a Broken Heart' (Nov. 1962), which was
before they appeared together in 'The Fun Girls' (Apr. 1964) or 'The Arrest
of the Fun Girls' (Apr. 1965).
I can't remember the plot of the 'Barney...' episode off-hand.
Jean also played one of the escaped women convicts ('Jalene Connors') in
an TAGS episode, also pre-hook-up with Joyce Jameson in 'Convicts-at-Large'
(Dec. 1962)
A memorable female pairing in comedic sitcom history.

"Hello, doll!"
--Jean Carson, as 'Daphne'

R.I.P.
Tom
R.I.P.
Rob Petrie
2005-11-06 23:31:16 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Tom
Was she the British Jean Carson who went to America years ago ?
No. She was born in Charleston, West Virginia.
Don Knotts is also a West Virginia native.
Post by Tom
Post by Rob Petrie
x-no-archive: yes
R.I.P.
d***@comcast.net
2005-11-08 16:44:05 UTC
Brad Ferguson
2005-11-08 20:18:20 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Mayberry 'Fun Girl'
dies at age 82
Tuesday November 08, 2005 Charleston News
Charleston native and veteran film and television actress Jean Carson,
perhaps best known for her role as "Fun Girl" Daphne on TV's "The Andy
Griffith Show," has died in Palm Springs, Calif. She was 82.
Pic for those who are as unfamiliar with the Griffith show as I am:

She seems to have stayed in touch with Mayberry fandom. There are
plenty of recent pictures of her.