Sam Loeb, 17, Son of 'Smallville' Producer Jeph Loeb
Brad Ferguson
2005-06-18 19:14:58 UTC
From the Superman Homepage at
<http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php>:

It is with great sadness that we inform Superman fans that Sam Loeb,
17-year-old son of "Superman/Batman" writer and "Smallville"
Supervising Producer Jeph Loeb, passed away on Thursday [16 June] after
battling cancer for three years.

Sam would often visit comic conventions with his father, and was an
up-coming writer in his own right, having written a story for issue #5
of Dark Horse's Tales of the Vampires comic book series.

The Superman Homepage staff extends our condolences to Jeph and the
Loeb family.

Over at Millarworld.net, Rob Liefeld notes that Sam Loeb's favorite
charity was the Sarcoma Alliance. We invite fans to make a donation to
this charity in memory of Sam.
Terry Ellsworth
2005-06-18 22:54:51 UTC
How truly awful and sad to have battled cancer at such a young age. I
was diagnosed at 26 and I thought that was young but 13/14 is just too
much.

Condolences to his family who must be bereft. What kind of cancer was
it?

Terry Ellsworth
Brad Ferguson
2005-06-19 02:32:15 UTC
Post by Terry Ellsworth
How truly awful and sad to have battled cancer at such a young age. I
was diagnosed at 26 and I thought that was young but 13/14 is just too
much.
Condolences to his family who must be bereft. What kind of cancer was
it?
The family says bone cancer; Sam's favorite charity was the Sarcoma
Alliance.

Sam was diagnosed on his 14th birthday.