Summer 2024 in its death throes
Add Reply
bryan_styble
2024-09-21 08:32:30 UTC
Summer throughout the Northern Hemisphere ends tomorrow--Sunday,
September 22, 2024 sometime during the minute of 8:44 am Eastern--at the
moment the leading edge of the [apparent] sun crosses above the equator,
constituting the autumnal equinox.

And also on Sunday, President Carter shall be within a mere nine days of
reaching age 100. May we ALL live to see that glorious event. (And
finally all y'all SOUTH of said equator can then enjoy your OWN Spring
2024.)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Bob Martin
2024-09-22 05:11:03 UTC
Post by bryan_styble
Summer throughout the Northern Hemisphere ends tomorrow--Sunday,
September 22, 2024 sometime during the minute of 8:44 am Eastern--at the
moment the leading edge of the [apparent] sun crosses above the equator,
constituting the autumnal equinox.
I read yesterday that it's the centre of the sun, not the leading edge.
2024.)
Lenona
2024-09-23 14:11:44 UTC
Did you hear about THIS?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2024/09/20/earth-to-get-a-new-moon-on-sept-29-scientists-say/
Kenny McCormack
2024-09-23 16:22:07 UTC
Post by Lenona
Did you hear about THIS?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2024/09/20/earth-to-get-a-new-moon-on-sept-29-scientists-say/
Those of us who watch "QI" already know that the earth has (at least) 2
moons - maybe more. So, adding a new one is not exactly the
stop-the-presses news you might think it is.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/FiftyPercent