Byron Morrow, 94 - Character Actor Had a Distinguished Look
aka Bob
2006-09-05 10:06:35 UTC
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-passings5.2sep05,1,438321.story?coll=la-news-obituaries

PASSINGS

Byron Morrow, 94; Character Actor Had a Distinguished Look

From Times Staff and Wire Reports

September 5, 2006

Byron Morrow, 94, a veteran character actor in television and films
whose distinguished look often led him to be cast as a top military
officer, police chief or judge, died May 11 at the Motion Picture and
Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, the family
announced last week.

Morrow was born in Chicago, and his early career included stints as a
model, puppeteer and radio announcer, according to his family. He
briefly played semiprofessional basketball in a Midwest barnstorming
league that included the original Harlem Globetrotters.

He moved to Hollywood in the late 1930s and served in the Army in the
Pacific Theater in World War II.

Morrow appeared in nearly two dozen major movies, including "Johnny
Got His Gun."

He appeared in numerous television series, including episodes of "Star
Trek," "Dragnet," "Dallas," "Perry Mason," "Get Smart" and "Vega$.
--
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
wazzzy
2006-09-05 11:31:18 UTC
as Admiral Komack on Star Trek (1967)

Brad Ferguson
2006-09-05 12:39:35 UTC
Post by aka Bob
Byron Morrow, 94; Character Actor Had a Distinguished Look
From Times Staff and Wire Reports
September 5, 2006
Byron Morrow, 94, a veteran character actor in television and films
whose distinguished look often led him to be cast as a top military
officer, police chief or judge, died May 11 at the Motion Picture and
Television Country House and Hospital in Woodland Hills, the family
announced last week.
The L.A. Times requires registration, and so I don't know if it ran a
pic. Here's a small one of him, from Star Trek:

wazzzy
2006-09-05 13:15:56 UTC
The L.A. Times requires registration, and so I don't know if it ran a
pic. Here's a small one of him, from Star Trek:

http://home.houston.rr.com/thescubaguy/images/ByronMorrow.jpg

Byron Morrow @ IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607465/

why is it that the actors who've been on every tv show are the hardest
photos to find?
Charlene
2006-09-05 13:23:18 UTC
Post by Brad Ferguson
The L.A. Times requires registration, and so I don't know if it ran a
http://home.houston.rr.com/thescubaguy/images/ByronMorrow.jpg
The IMDb and Memory Alpha both have him born in 1920.

wd42
Cher
2006-09-05 15:42:22 UTC
Post by Charlene
Post by Brad Ferguson
The L.A. Times requires registration, and so I don't know if it ran a
http://home.houston.rr.com/thescubaguy/images/ByronMorrow.jpg
The IMDb and Memory Alpha both have him born in 1920.
wd42
The IMDb and Memory Alpha both have him born in 1920.
That would mean he was in his early 40's when he appeared on Star Trek,
to me he looks older than that, so perhaps his real age is 94.
d***@comcast.net
2006-09-05 16:30:41 UTC
Post by Cher
That would mean he was in his early 40's when he appeared on Star Trek,
to me he looks older than that, so perhaps his real age is 94.
A search of Ancestry.Com shows a Byron Morrow born in Chicago in 1912.
Case closed.
TJ-BF
2006-09-05 16:35:21 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by aka Bob
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-passings5.2sep05,1,438321.story?coll=la-news-obituaries
PASSINGS
Byron Morrow, 94; Character Actor Had a Distinguished Look
From Times Staff and Wire Reports
[...]
According to IMDb.com, he missed 86 by *that much*.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607465
mack
2006-09-05 20:45:10 UTC
Oddly I don't remember him as a film actor, but it seems to me that I've
seen his face in print ads forever pitching life insurance, 'retiring in
Arizona on $300 a month', denture adhesives, etc etc.
I note his bio mentions modeling in his early career, but it seems they may
have used his old stock photos for decades.