Celebrities who died younger than you
Add Reply
David Carson
2024-08-16 18:10:36 UTC
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.

www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm

It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.

Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Kenny McCormack
2024-08-16 18:39:28 UTC
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
FYI:

Socrates: 71 yo
Isabella: 54 yo
Ritche: 17 yo
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/ItsTough
Louis Epstein
2024-08-18 08:24:08 UTC
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
I'll take the opportunity to say that I still miss the dead.atyourage.com site,
whose operators apparently depended on revenues they didn't get.

-=-=-
W.C. Green
2024-08-19 02:13:14 UTC
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
This has my husband as 75 years & 362 days (b.d. 8/22/1949). He turns
75 this week.

It's correct for me; my birth date was earlier this year.
David Carson
2024-08-19 03:33:26 UTC
Post by W.C. Green
This has my husband as 75 years & 362 days (b.d. 8/22/1949). He turns
75 this week.
Well, shoot. That's fixed. The statement, "you are 27,390 days old" was
already correct, and the people returned for age comparison were already
correct (because it uses the age in days), so nothing changes except for
that one number.

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
W.C. Green
Figured it was something minor. Thank you for fixing it.
Louis Epstein
2024-08-18 08:33:01 UTC
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
In Lynx,I am only able to specify year and month and not day.
In Firefox,it works (I am on par with Lee Marvin,betweein Dick
York and William Holden).

-=-=-
David Carson
2024-08-18 20:20:53 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
In Lynx,I am only able to specify year and month and not day.
In Firefox,it works (I am on par with Lee Marvin,betweein Dick
York and William Holden).
I prefer to use plain HTML when possible, but getting a valid date from
user input using only HTML is more trouble than I care to put into it, so
Javascript is used to calculate the number of days in the month after the
year and month are chosen.

Number of days in the month = 30 + (month MOD 8) MOD 2
except for all of the February/leap year nonsense, which Julias Ceasar and
Pope Gregory devised purely to annoy modern programmers.

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Louis Epstein
2024-09-09 03:12:49 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
In Lynx,I am only able to specify year and month and not day.
In Firefox,it works (I am on par with Lee Marvin,between Dick
York and William Holden).
I've just about caught Holden...and King Hussein of Jordan is
about to disappear in my rearview mirror even as another milestone
ahead appears beyond Sorrell Booke (these being the extremes of the
posted older/younger lists for me).
Post by Louis Epstein
-=-=-
Louis Epstein
2024-10-08 08:08:56 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
In Lynx,I am only able to specify year and month and not day.
In Firefox,it works (I am on par with Lee Marvin,between Dick
York and William Holden).
I've just about caught Holden...and King Hussein of Jordan is
about to disappear in my rearview mirror even as another milestone
ahead appears beyond Sorrell Booke (these being the extremes of the
posted older/younger lists for me).
I am now bearing down on Allen Ludden.
I note some same-age pairs (Richard Deacon & Bobby Hatfield behind
me and Richard Boone & Joel Siegel ahead of me) and am wondering
what happens when they are overtaken or disappear.
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
-=-=-
Louis Epstein
2024-10-14 03:41:53 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years.
Is that a rolling fifty years or a fixed date about 50 years ago?
Would be funny if people who died in 1974 etc. started disappearing
from lists.
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by David Carson
Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
In Lynx,I am only able to specify year and month and not day.
In Firefox,it works (I am on par with Lee Marvin,between Dick
York and William Holden).
I've just about caught Holden...and King Hussein of Jordan is
about to disappear in my rearview mirror even as another milestone
ahead appears beyond Sorrell Booke (these being the extremes of the
posted older/younger lists for me).
I am now bearing down on Allen Ludden.
I have now tied Ludden.
Post by Louis Epstein
I note some same-age pairs (Richard Deacon & Bobby Hatfield behind
me and Richard Boone & Joel Siegel ahead of me) and am wondering
what happens when they are overtaken or disappear.
Will find out tomorrow,I suppose.

Ludden's disqualification from "older than me" has led to that list
now including Dick Sargent,so I am now betwixt the two Bewitched Darren
Dicks.
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
-=-=-
Louis Epstein
2024-10-15 04:46:22 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
I note some same-age pairs (Richard Deacon & Bobby Hatfield behind
me and Richard Boone & Joel Siegel ahead of me) and am wondering
what happens when they are overtaken or disappear.
Will find out tomorrow,I suppose.
Deacon is still on the younger than me list and Hatfield,
dead at the same age,was bumped off to make room for Ludden.
Post by Louis Epstein
Ludden's disqualification from "older than me" has led to that list
now including Dick Sargent,so I am now betwixt the two Bewitched Darren
Dicks.
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
-=-=-
David Carson
They must and they will.
David Carson
2024-10-15 14:27:45 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Louis Epstein
Would be funny if people who died in 1974 etc. started disappearing
from lists.
They must and they will.
Since I launched this feature, Joe Flynn, Cass Elliott, Cliff
Arquette, and Doyle Blackwood have dropped off. They died at 49, 32,
68, and 63 years old, respectively. Stafford Repp (56) and Richard
Long (47) will drop off by this year's end.

Meanwhile, eight recent deaths (Pete Rose, Kris Kristofferson, Maggie
Smith, J. D. Souther, Tito Jackson, James Earl Jones, John Amos, and
Phil Donahue) have been added. Their ages range from 70 to 93.

David Carson
Louis Epstein
2024-10-15 23:50:57 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by David Carson
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by David Carson
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years.
Is that a rolling fifty years or a fixed date about 50 years ago?
Rolling.
So if I overtake Jeanne Calment (1875-1997) in 2083
I will only be compared to people who died after 2033?
Post by David Carson
Post by David Carson
Post by Louis Epstein
Would be funny if people who died in 1974 etc. started disappearing
from lists.
They must and they will.
Since I launched this feature, Joe Flynn, Cass Elliott, Cliff
Arquette, and Doyle Blackwood have dropped off. They died at 49, 32,
68, and 63 years old, respectively. Stafford Repp (56) and Richard
Long (47) will drop off by this year's end.
Of all those I have passed everyone but Arquette.
Post by David Carson
Meanwhile, eight recent deaths (Pete Rose, Kris Kristofferson, Maggie
Smith, J. D. Souther, Tito Jackson, James Earl Jones, John Amos, and
Phil Donahue) have been added. Their ages range from 70 to 93.
Not sure how much overlap there is between your database and that used
by dead.atyourage.com (I hope theirs was saved somewhere) or of the
relative sizes.

-=-=-

Jason
2024-08-18 21:37:51 UTC
Post by David Carson
I have added a feature to the Dead or Alive Data Base: celebrities who
died younger than you.
www.doadb.com/diedyounger.htm
It's limited to people already in my main data base who died within
the last fifty years. Don't go there looking to compare yourself to
Socrates, Queen Isabella, or Ritche Valens. Do go there to compare
yourself to Queen Elizabeth, Chuck Berry, and Fred "Rerun" Berry.
Other than that, it should be self-explanatory.
David Carson
Works great on the Microsoft Edge Browser.
I'm between Larry Fine (of 3 Stooges fame) and writer Isaac Asimov.