Child Actress Carol Ann Campbell 1944-2010
jlp
2010-06-12 16:31:36 UTC
We’ve just recently been informed that former child actress Carole Ann
Campbell passed away on March 6, 2010 in Laguna Woods CA (just shy of
her 66th birthday), from a return bout with cancer. She was born March
27, 1944 in Sherman Oaks CA, the sole offspring of Glenn and Edna
Campbell, who both had had show business-related careers, behind the
cameras.

She’s best known (and will probably be mostly remembered) for being
personally chosen by the legendary Walt Disney to portray the wannabe
girlfriend (Iola Morton) of Joe Hardy, the Tommy Kirk character in the
Mickey Mouse Club mini-series, “The Hardy Boys,” during the mid-1950s.
By her own choice, her acting career ended in 1958, and the year she
graduated from Van Nuys High School (1962), she cut three single
recordings (45s) for Kangaroo Records, before permanently leaving the
performing arts.

She married Gerald W. Murphy (August 1965), eventually settling in
Northridge CA, where she gave birth to two sons, and we offer our most
sincere condolences to those who knew her best.
Cobbie
2010-06-12 21:48:49 UTC
Post by jlp
She’s best known (and will probably be mostly remembered) for being
personally chosen by the legendary Walt Disney to portray the wannabe
girlfriend (Iola Morton) of Joe Hardy, the Tommy Kirk character in the
Mickey Mouse Club mini-series, “The Hardy Boys,” during the mid-1950s.
A lot more, including a 2000 photograph and label close-ups of all
three of her 45's, at http://www.originalmmc.com/