San Diego-area Zoom meeting interrupted by murder/suicide
bryan_styble
2024-04-20 12:00:16 UTC
This fatal (and orphan-creating) bloodshed went down in the San Diego suburb of La Presa. [The Daily Mail coverage inexcusably fails to state the date when this occurred, presumably quite recently...making some readers wonder whatever happened to basic five-Ws-and-H journalism.]

And alas, the estranged husband violated Rule #1 of all murder/suicide planning, a cardinal dictum which should be STRICTLY followed by EVERYONE plotting such mayhem: ALWAYS complete the suicide half of your deadly equation FIRST.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
==================
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13328975/Murder-Zoom-Mom-35-shot-death-estranged-husband-work-call-killed-leaving-nine-year-old-son-orphan.html
David Carson
2024-04-21 01:31:27 UTC
Who commits the murder then?
bryan_styble
2024-04-21 02:26:38 UTC
Obvious question, David (if not necessarily an obvious joke on my part). Consider it my proposal for reducing the murder rate at least a bit.

But to pivot to seriousness: I've often wondered how many of these horrific murder/suicide cases were actually intended by the perp to go down that way.

That is, maybe some of them instead merely to murder, and have intention (if not a specific plan) of escape...but then upon doing the lethal deed and being instantly confronted with the garish, ugly reality s/he just caused (not to mention the realization that getting away with it was hopeless), only THEN change plans and instead put the gun to the head.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida