Motorcycle accident actor?
Christine
2003-08-03 17:58:30 UTC
Hello,

I'm trying to remember the name of a former TV star who was very seriously
injured in a motorcycle accident quite a few years ago. Believe he lost an
arm and a leg on the right side of his body and wondering whatever happened
to him.

Anybody remember the name and what happened to him?

Chris in Pearland, TX
Ronald Crain
2003-08-03 18:04:11 UTC
Post by Christine
Hello,
I'm trying to remember the name of a former TV star who was very seriously
injured in a motorcycle accident quite a few years ago. Believe he lost an
arm and a leg on the right side of his body and wondering whatever happened
to him.
Anybody remember the name and what happened to him?
Chris in Pearland, TX
Hi Christine,

You must be thinking of James Stacy. His girlfriend was killed in the
motorcycle accident that took his arm and leg. He got some parts after
his injuries, but then was convicted of molesting an 11 year old girl, I
believe in 1996. He was released from prison in 2001 and is now living
in retirement.

Ron Crain
ApplCinamn
2003-08-03 19:04:18 UTC
Ronald Crain ***@cox.net wrote

<<You must be thinking of James Stacy. His girlfriend was killed in the
motorcycle accident that took his arm and leg. He got some parts after
his injuries, but then was convicted of molesting an 11 year old girl, I
believe in 1996. He was released from prison in 2001 and is now living
in retirement.>>

He also attempted suicide a number of years ago by jumping off a cliff.
Did a little bit of checking and discovered he's got an active website at
http://www.jamesstacy.com with a fairly busy guestbook and a pretty graphic
letter describing the accident aftermath from one of the people who helped him
at the scene.
Sounds like he may have finally gotten his head and his life straightened out.

AC
J.D. Baldwin
2003-08-04 17:35:32 UTC
Post by ApplCinamn
He also attempted suicide a number of years ago by jumping off a
cliff. Did a little bit of checking and discovered he's got an
active website at http://www.jamesstacy.com with a fairly busy
guestbook and a pretty graphic letter describing the accident
aftermath from one of the people who helped him at the scene.
Sounds like he may have finally gotten his head and his life
straightened out.
There is nothing at that site about his imprisonment. I'd be
interested in hearing his take on all of that. (Apparently, his
"molestation" of that girl wasn't especially serious, and he might
have gotten probation if he hadn't subsequently been arrested for
stalking other preteen girls in his neighborhood.)

The only thing I think I remember about Stacy's accident is that it
wasn't his fault, and that he was struck by someone who was driving in
the wrong lane. Also that he'd just met the girl who was killed.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also
Cpl. O'Reilly
2003-08-04 21:36:19 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by ApplCinamn
[...]
I think I remember reading that Stacy's accident happened near George
(Superman) Reeves's house, on the same street, and that they found one
of Stacy's legs on the house next door to the Reeves house. George
Reeves had an accident in his sports car there, too, the same year he
died (1959). (All of this is subject to faulty memory.)
AKA
2003-08-05 00:27:15 UTC
Post by Cpl. O'Reilly
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by ApplCinamn
[...]
His accident ocurred on Coldwater Canyon Drive a street that is often used
in LA for those who wish to cross over the hills from Beveryl Hills to
Sherman Oaks. A California law, "The Stacy law," was one result of the
terrible accident.

---
J.D. Baldwin
2003-08-05 14:02:51 UTC
Post by AKA
A California law, "The Stacy law," was one result of the
terrible accident.
What are the provisions of this law?
teleflora
2003-08-05 14:24:41 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by AKA
A California law, "The Stacy law," was one result of the
terrible accident.
What are the provisions of this law?
--
I think it has something to do with (in)voluntary (?) testing of blood
alcohol levels of motorists when there is a fatality in an accident. I

Cindy
AKA
2003-08-05 15:33:16 UTC
***~~~~---------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Stacy successfully sued the restaurant and bartender claiming they should
have stopped serving an obviously intoxicated patron. Restaurants and bars

---
ApplCinamn
2003-08-05 20:14:53 UTC
Post by AKA
Stacy successfully sued the restaurant and bartender claiming they should
have stopped serving an obviously intoxicated patron.
What became of the driver, do you know?

Ellie
teleflora
2003-08-06 03:23:15 UTC
Post by AKA
Stacy successfully sued the restaurant and bartender claiming they should
have stopped serving an obviously intoxicated patron. Restaurants and bars
throughout California, as well as employers having company parties, were
required to take a more responsible attitude when serving alcohol.
Yes, that's it. I remember now. Thanks.

Cindy
Cpl. O'Reilly
2003-08-05 16:27:00 UTC
Post by AKA
Post by Cpl. O'Reilly
I think I remember reading that Stacy's accident happened near George
(Superman) Reeves's house, on the same street, and that they found one
of Stacy's legs on the house next door to the Reeves house. George
Reeves had an accident in his sports car there, too, the same year he
died (1959). (All of this is subject to faulty memory.)
His accident ocurred on Coldwater Canyon Drive a street that is often used
in LA for those who wish to cross over the hills from Beveryl Hills to
Sherman Oaks. A California law, "The Stacy law," was one result of the
terrible accident.
I googled for this but couldn't find anything. Please, what is the
Stacy Law?

I know I've read that thing about Stacy's accident happening near
George Reeves's house, but from what you say it can't be so. Reeves
lived at 1579 Benedict Canyon Dr. The 1900 block of Coldwater Canyon
Dr. (just to pick the middle) is across the Santa Monica National
Recreation Area and seems to be two miles away as the super-hero flies
(and more than three and a half miles away by road, because you have to
drive around the southern border of the recreation area).
n***@gmail.com
2016-01-04 01:09:22 UTC
It was a drunk driver and he did nit just meet the girl it was a girlfriend.
RH Draney
2016-01-04 06:08:19 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
It was a drunk driver and he did nit just meet the girl it was a girlfriend.
Thanks for getting back to us so quickly with this important
information....r
LILLIBUNNY
2003-08-04 22:04:45 UTC
Subject: Re: Motorcycle accident actor?
Date: 8/3/2003 3:04 PM Eastern Standard Time
<<You must be thinking of James Stacy. His girlfriend was killed in the
motorcycle accident that took his arm and leg. He got some parts after
his injuries, but then was convicted of molesting an 11 year old girl, I
believe in 1996. He was released from prison in 2001 and is now living
in retirement.>>
He also attempted suicide a number of years ago by jumping off a cliff.
Did a little bit of checking and discovered he's got an active website at
http://www.jamesstacy.com with a fairly busy guestbook and a pretty graphic
letter describing the accident aftermath from one of the people who helped him
at the scene.
Sounds like he may have finally gotten his head and his life straightened out.
AC
This is what I get when I attempted to visit the website

This webpage is no longer available. Thank you for your interest.
PirateJohn
2003-08-04 22:15:37 UTC
Post by LILLIBUNNY
This is what I get when I attempted to visit the website
This webpage is no longer available. Thank you for your interest.
Interesting. Because it was definitely there a day or two ago.

***@aol.com
Keeper of the Humour List at http://members.aol.com/PirateJohn/pirate1.html

"Mother, mother ocean... I have heard your call" - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate
Looks At Forty.
Dave Garrett
2003-08-05 03:24:23 UTC
In article <I_EXa.67134$***@sccrnsc04>, ***@hotmail.com
says...
Post by ApplCinamn
Post by LILLIBUNNY
This is what I get when I attempted to visit the website
This webpage is no longer available. Thank you for your interest.
That is extremely odd. It was sure there last night when I read it.
Cindy
I visited it last night as well, something is definitely amiss. It appears
that the site could have been hacked, but who knows.
Most of the site's pages are still available in Google's cache:

http://tinyurl.com/j0ll

Dave
J.D. Baldwin
2003-08-05 14:11:37 UTC
Post by Dave Garrett
http://tinyurl.com/j0ll
For anyone interested in reading them, I dug the GIF files of the
accident letter out of my browser's cache. I converted them to
greyscale JPG files to save a little bandwidth, and put them at:

Robert Feigel (aka Bob)
2003-08-05 20:38:13 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Dave Garrett
http://tinyurl.com/j0ll
For anyone interested in reading them, I dug the GIF files of the
accident letter out of my browser's cache. I converted them to
http://www.panix.com/~baldwin/report1c.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~baldwin/report2c.jpg
What amazes me is that the guy lived through those injuries at all,
let alone the time it took for emergency services to attend. The
neighbour who applied pressure to Stacey's groin to slow down the
bleeding from his severed leg saved his live. I learned that technique
in first-aid courses, but wondered if it would work in an injury like
Stacey's. Obviously it does. ÿbob

~~~~~~~~
"Sometime jewel found in ashes." - Charlie Chan

********
A mouse click is all it takes to give food at: <http://www.thehungersite.com>
The art & the artists of New Zealand's Tutukaka Coast: <http://www.earthsea.co.nz>
Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.earthsea.co.nz/surfwriterintro1.htm>

For email change "@earthsea.co.enzed" to "@earthsea.co.nz"
§no§hoo
2003-08-05 05:00:55 UTC
Post by ApplCinamn
That is extremely odd. It was sure there last night when I read
it.
7:00 pm PDT: I just went there - it's unavailable. But I read it
all
on Sat. or Sun.
snoshoo
10:00 pm PDT: Went to http://www.jamesstacy.com and found a blank
white page on which was typed in a large font -

snoshoo
Nana NJ
2003-08-05 05:07:19 UTC
I tried the James Stacy webpage, got the "no longer available" then went
to Google. Did the cached version thing and got this:
http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:M4EpsxNUp6EJ:www.jamesstacy.com/+james+stacy&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

But then I checked, for the heck of it, the bio page (and other pages)
that came back on the Google search and they were there--just not the
home page: http://www.jamesstacy.com/bio.html

I used to get him and Michael (Mickey) Callan mixed up with each other.
Well, they do like alike. And that last name may be spelled Callen. It's
not his real one anyway, as Stacy's isn't either.

Nana

Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
Anonymous
Robert Feigel (aka Bob)
2003-08-05 05:45:15 UTC
Post by Nana NJ
I tried the James Stacy webpage, got the "no longer available" then went
http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:M4EpsxNUp6EJ:www.jamesstacy.com/+james+stacy&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
But then I checked, for the heck of it, the bio page (and other pages)
that came back on the Google search and they were there--just not the
home page: http://www.jamesstacy.com/bio.html
I used to get him and Michael (Mickey) Callan mixed up with each other.
Well, they do like alike. And that last name may be spelled Callen. It's
not his real one anyway, as Stacy's isn't either.
Nana
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
Anonymous
Thanks for that link. As you said, all the pages are there except the
homepage. A fascinating story about the missing belt buckle. I wonder
how it went missing. ÿbob

"Men who ride on tiger cannot dismount." - Charlie Chan

********

DESSCRIBE1
2003-08-05 21:45:19 UTC
Post by Nana NJ
I used to get him and Michael (Mickey) Callan mixed up with each other.
Well, they do like alike. And that last name may be spelled Callen. It's
not his real one anyway, as Stacy's isn't either.
Nana
Michael Callan and James Stacy did play brothers in a 1982 thriller titled
"Double Exposure," so you're not the only one to notice the resemblance.

The interesting thing about that movie is that, as far as I can remember, there
were absolutely no references in the dialogue to Stacy's disability. I got the
impression that the part was written for an able-bodied actor (forgive me if
"able-bodied" is now considered offensive, but I can't think of any other way
to put it), but they decided there was no reason Stacy couldn't play it as
written. An admirable decision, although...

(SPOILER)

At the end of the movie, James Stacy is revealed to be the killer...despite the
fact that some of the murders (like snapping Sally Kirkland's neck) would have
been impossible for him to do, even with a prosthetic arm. It just struck me as
a little odd...

Erich

"I will play the lute with my foot, as I juggle these knives and hit a slap
shot 60 feet, while handcuffed to a live alligator...AND...I will act...like a
BABY!" - Fritz the Evil Butler
k***@jvlnet.com
2003-08-06 04:26:03 UTC
Post by DESSCRIBE1
Michael Callan and James Stacy did play brothers in a 1982 thriller titled
"Double Exposure," so you're not the only one to notice the resemblance.
Wow. I've definitely got Michael Callan mixed up with SOMEONE else. I
thought he committed suicide in the 60's or early 70's. I wonder who I'm
thinking of.
..Peter Deuel?...

+++++++++

King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!!!
How Radio is done. No brag, just fact.
***@jvlnet.com
heard on The Edge 91.7 WSUW Whitewater WI
teleflora
2003-08-06 16:50:38 UTC
Post by k***@jvlnet.com
Post by DESSCRIBE1
Michael Callan and James Stacy did play brothers in a 1982 thriller titled
"Double Exposure," so you're not the only one to notice the resemblance.
Wow. I've definitely got Michael Callan mixed up with SOMEONE else. I
thought he committed suicide in the 60's or early 70's. I wonder who I'm
thinking of.
..Peter Deuel?...
That must be who I was thinking of. Kind of the same look. They were all
TV stars during the same time period, weren't they?

Cindy
ApplCinamn
2003-08-05 02:23:46 UTC
teleflora" ***@hotmail.com wrote:

<<That is extremely odd. It was sure there last night when I read it.>>

It *is* strange, isn't it? I spent a good 20 minutes there myself last night
reading some of the guestbook entries from his fans and just clicking around.
They made mention of the website having been down and how glad they were it was
now back up. There was a nice photo of him in a suit, sitting down, where he
looked kind of like a skinny Raymond Burr in his later years with the salt and
pepper hair and beard. The photo was apparently taken in 1985 as an autographed
version of it was for sale as well, along with a number of others. I was a bit
surprised there weren't any recent pictures since he (or his webmaster) was
adding things to the site now and then.

The first time I ever saw the guy was in "My Kidnapper, My Love"; I'm not
familiar with the "Lancer" series he was on early in his career. I remember
hearing about his problems with the stalking and the suicide attempt. There's
always an element of compassion in me when I hear about his troubles. He went
through something so horrific and it obviously screwed up his mind and his life
big time. Ultimately, unless he's truly out of his mind and clinically insane
(which, apparently, he is not) it's no excuse for whatever crimes he may be
guilty of--his is just one of those situations that makes you wonder what might
have been had not that one awful moment happened.

AC
ApplCinamn
2003-08-07 00:23:27 UTC
By the way, does anyone know if James Stacy has ever worn any prostheses,
either for a role or in real life? I've never seen him with any.

Ellie
Kat-1
2003-08-10 09:16:13 UTC
Post by ApplCinamn
By the way, does anyone know if James Stacy has ever worn any prostheses,
either for a role or in real life? I've never seen him with any.
Ellie
I think some have the history mixed up on Stacy, or perhaps they don't
kow/care what type of person he really is, if your interested read the
article : (Article pasted below) I am friends with some of his fans,
what they have told me, and I personally don't believe is that James
claimed the mother gave him permission to touch her daughter, their
claim is the mother was also a drunk. IMO the fact he tried to kill
himself after his conviction tells me more than anything one of his
fans says or what they try to ignore about him.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=8t11u2%247ji%241%40news.panix.com&rnum=16

His fans tend to ignore those little details about him.

TROUBLE: HITTING BOTTOM AFTER FIGHTING BACK FROM A GRISLY ACCIDENT
ACTOR JAMES STACY, HIS LIFE IN TATTERS, GOES TO PRISON
People Magazine
By CURTIS RIST and JEANNE GORDON
May 13, 1996

For a time, James Stacy seemed a rakish figure who knew how to
live on the edge. "He was fabulous," says Susan Reeves, an old
friend who in 1962 met up with the handsome actor and his future
wife, singer Connie Stevens, now 57, on a trip to Rome. The
first night, after Stevens fell asleep, Stacy took off with
Reeves. Stealing a motor scooter from a local butcher, they
briefly zoomed through the hallways of her pension, then sped
off to tour the city. "It was beautiful in the early morning
hours," says Reeves, laughing at the memory.

Not all of Stacy's nights were so romantic. On Sept. 28, 1973,
the actor--who was 35 and best-known for a gig on the CBS
western Lancer--was racing his motorcycle through the Hollywood
Hills just after midnight. Stacy, who was working as a kind of
B-level Rock Hudson in movies opposite actresses such as Raquel
Welch, had just picked up a 26-year-old waitress named Pia
Isataki and was taking her for a spin. But, as they rounded a
turn, a drunk driver swerved into them, knocking them onto the
road. Isataki bled to death from a severed leg. Stacy survived
but lost his left arm and leg.

As they would later with a stricken Christopher Reeve,
Hollywood's elite rallied around the injured actor--who was
suddenly more famous than ever. The next spring, his by then
ex-wife Stevens helped stage a gala that raised $118,000 toward
his expenses. "Because of you, I'll smile again," Stacy told the
crowd, including Frank Sinatra and Barbara Streisand, as he stood
at the podium on one crutch. "I'm gonna do good things with the
money!"

It hasn't turned out that way. Even though he had a comeback as
an actor--and earned two Emmy nominations--Stacy's life today is
a shambles. Now 59, he sits in a cell in the Chino Men's Prison
in California, where he is serving a six-year term for molesting
an 11-year-old girl at his house in Meiners Oaks, 70 miles north
of Los Angeles. At his trial in November, the judge also found
Stacy guilty of "prowling"--terrorizing two teenage sisters by
entering their nearby home. When he was led out of court in a
wheelchair after the sentencing on March 5, Stacy--strands of
gray hair hanging down the neck of his prison jumpsuit--smiled
wanly and waved at the few family members who had come. "Oh,
Daddy, no!" sobbed Heather Elias, 28, his daughter with his
second wife, actress Kim Darby (True Grit), now 47. Later, in
his cell, Stacy, at the very least a confused and
self-contradictory man these days, wavered about taking
responsibility for his actions. "It makes me look like a goddamn
pedophile," he told PEOPLE. Then he added morosely, "I can't
believe that I'm stuck in this damn mess."

Stacy's life once seemed promising. Born Maurice Elias in East
L.A., he was one of six children of Lois, a waitress, and Louie,
a bookmaker. While his father took bets and dodged police,
Maurice began working as an usher at a movie house, where, he
says, "I first started loving films."

He dreamed of playing professional football. At 19, after a year
at Glendale College, California, he was drafted by Canada's
British Columbia Lions. Cut after two months, he took a bus to
Manhattan to try acting. After being in a Pepsi commercial, he
returned to L.A. for a spot as David Nelson's frat pal Fred on
TV's The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet. ("I had lines like,
'Hey, Rick, want a hamburger?' " he recalls.) In 1962, while
shooting Summer Magic in Palm Springs, he met Stevens, who was
filming Palm Springs Weekend. The two married the next year but
divorced amicably in 1966. "Connie was always working, and I was
always home," he says.

A year later, Stacy met Darby while filming a Gunsmoke episode.
They married in March 1968 but divorced the next June after
Darby told a judge Stacy "did not love me anymore." By then he
had moved on to Lancer. After it went off the air in 1971, Stacy
says, "things were coming my way." But while he was waiting, the
accident occurred. To some, it seemed inevitable. "He was a wild
character," says a Hollywood publicist who recalls Stacy as a
drinker and a brawler. But he was also charismatic and inspired
those attending his Hollywood gala. Their donations were
augmented by $1.9 million he won in a 1976 lawsuit against the
L.A. bar that had sold drinks to the driver who had struck him.

After the accident, Stacy had probably the best roles of his
career. He earned an Emmy nomination for playing a disabled
Vietnam veteran in the 1977 TV movie Just a Little
Inconvenience, and another in 1986 for his portrayal of a
mugging victim on Cagney & Lacey. But all the while, he was
drinking more heavily. "He had a dependency on alcohol and
anger," says friend Eleanor Dudley, who had met Stacy when they
were teenagers. After his accident, she says, his sweetly
rebellious side turned into frustration and bitterness. Looking
for a change, Stacy assumed custody of Heather in 1979 and moved
the 9-year-old to his modest home in Meiners Oaks. "My dad has a
big heart," says Heather, now a full-time mother who lives in
the house with her 10-month-old son, Luke, and her boyfriend
Lester Maxwell, a house painter. "It's just with the alcohol, it
gets so distorted."

In the late 1980s, Stacy was usually too drunk to work. He moved
about in an electric wheelchair and squandered his money on
drinking holidays--basically he was known as a moody drunk. By
last year he had few friends other than Patrice Loher, a nurse
who lived nearby. On March 26, 1995, Loher's daughter, 11,
visited Stacy while her mother was at work. He bought the girl a
pizza in exchange for a massage. and he admits he touched her
genitals. But Stacy insists, rather pathetically, that it wasn't
molestation. "She wanted to learn acupressure," he says. "I
touched her for five seconds."

He might have gotten off with probation, prosecutors say, but
for what came next. On June 18, as a family with two girls, ages
12 and 16, moved into town, Stacy lingered outside the
house--even after the parents asked him to leave. When they left
to pick up more boxes, Stacy wheeled inside. "Come talk to me, I
know you're in there!" he yelled in a drunken haze, and was
later arrested. A week after, Stacy appeared in the backyard of
Joan Archer, a schoolteacher, whose daughters 10 and 11, were
playing on a trampoline with a friend. She heard cries and ran
outside to find Stacy racing toward them in his wheelchair.
Again he was arrested, but prosecutors dropped the charge at his
trial.

After pleading no contest last November, Stacy checked into a
Ventura County rehab facility but was thrown out for trying to
take control of the classes. In despair, he flew to Hawaii,
where he drank a pint of whiskey and took a cab to the top of a
1,200-foot cliff for a suicide dive. He jumped but was rescued
from a ledge 45 feet below. He remembers that he lay there,
thinking, "I even screwed this up."

Arrested at the hospital and later flown back to Ventura County,
he was sentenced to a long term for a first offender, in part
because the judge agreed with the prosecution's assertion that
he had a "propensity for pedophilia." Stacy insists his basic
problem is drinking. "I mean, Jesus, God, rehab would have done
it," he says. At other times, he vows that he's "ready to take a
look at myself for the first time" and make some changes.

Susan Reeves believes change is possible. "God didn't want him
to die," she says, "and so he's going to get a second chance."
But the victim, now 12, still suffers. "She is angry. She feels
embarrassed," says Loher, who says the trial upset her so much
she couldn't go to school all the next week.

Stacy has been down before, but this time there are no galas
planned and no celebrities coming to visit. He can attend daily
AA meetings in jail, but for the most part he is left alone with
his thoughts--perhaps the most agonizing punishment of all.
"Every once in a while I hit reality," says Stacy, "and I just
scream, 'God, no!'"
--
Kat-1
The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
Bob Champ

J.D. Baldwin
2003-08-12 12:24:26 UTC
Post by Bob Champ
Gee, whatever happened to Kim Darby? I thought she was grand.
I was in love with her for several years after "Better Off Dead" came
out. She was perfect. "And to drink ... Peru!"
j***@gmail.com
Chris in Pearland, TX
Sarah Ehrett
2016-05-22 21:13:30 UTC
Post by Christine
Hello,
I'm trying to remember the name of a former TV star who was very seriously
injured in a motorcycle accident quite a few years ago. Believe he lost an
arm and a leg on the right side of his body and wondering whatever happened
to him.
Anybody remember the name and what happened to him?
Jim Stacy. He's a pedophile and went to jail for molesting an 11
year old girl.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=james+stacy&filters=ufn%3a%22james+stacy%22+sid%3a%22f64e99dc-18ce-7006-4a33-9d3886273269%22&qs=ME&pq=jim+stacy&sc=8-9&sp=3&cvid=81164E78B732472995D8DFF93ADBA55A&FORM=QBLH
Chris in Pearland, TX
Hiits
2016-06-16 18:45:52 UTC
One incident does not make him a pedophile. He never did anything prior or since that incident and it was blown out or proportion in the media to what it really was. You can't believe everything you read and should research a lot more and not state something as fact.
Sarah Ehrett
2016-06-16 22:21:46 UTC
One incident does not make him a pedophile. He never did anything prior or since that incident and it was blown out or proportion in the >media to what it really was. You can't believe everything you read and should research a lot more and not state something as fact.
Are you insane? " Stacy was convicted of molesting an 11-year-old
girl for which he served a six-year prison sentence. " He's a
pedophile, you filthy apologist.
J.D. Baldwin
2016-06-16 22:28:17 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Post by Hiits
One incident does not make him a pedophile. He never did anything
prior or since that incident and it was blown out or proportion in
the media to what it really was. You can't believe everything you
read and should research a lot more and not state something as fact.
Are you insane? " Stacy was convicted of molesting an 11-year-old
girl for which he served a six-year prison sentence. " He's a
pedophile, you filthy apologist.
And one of the factors in his sentencing was some "prowling" incidents
around the homes of other young girls.

Although you could split a hair here and argue that he was (is) more
of a hebephile than a pedophile.
l***@gmail.com
2016-09-29 03:33:27 UTC
That was Michael callan he starred in a movie showing him as a reporter in a western. He lost both an arm and leg on his left side he is 80 years old
Sarah Ehrett
2016-09-29 06:09:39 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
That was Michael callan
Not Jim Stacy who died Sep 09, 2016 (age 79) ?
Post by l***@gmail.com
he starred in a movie showing him as a reporter in a western. He lost both an arm and leg on his left side he is 80 years old\
James Stacy (born December 23, 1936) is a retired American film and
television actor. In 1973, Stacy was hit by a drunk driver while
driving his motorcycle, resulting in the amputation of his left leg
and arm and the death of his girlfriend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stacy#Motorcycle_accident
David Carson
2016-09-29 14:14:18 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
he starred in a movie showing him as a reporter in a western. He lost both an arm and leg on his left side he is 80 years old\
James Stacy (born December 23, 1936) is a retired American film and
television actor. In 1973, Stacy was hit by a drunk driver while
driving his motorcycle, resulting in the amputation of his left leg
and arm and the death of his girlfriend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stacy#Motorcycle_accident
This thread has become a 13-year-long version of the movie "Groundhog
Day."

Now, watch: ten years from now, this thread will still be going, and
I'll make the same remark again.

David Carson
Sarah Ehrett
LOL Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
t***@iwvisp.com
2016-09-29 16:01:21 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
That was Michael callan he starred in a movie showing him as a reporter in a western. He lost both an arm and leg on his left side he is 80 years old
James Stacy.

Michael Callan, 80, is alive and relatively well, with all limbs.

Ray Arthur
l***@gmail.com
Michael callan
g***@gmail.com
Chris in Pearland, TX
g***@gmail.com
Chris in Pearland, TX
g***@gmail.com
michael callan
j***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 03:00:49 UTC
All I know is that I saw him in a movie later on, where he played a one legged, one armed skier. Don,t remember the name of the movie
RH Draney
2020-04-27 07:13:57 UTC
Sounds like Crispin Glover in "Hot Tub Time Machine"....r
A Friend
2020-04-27 08:12:34 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
All I know is that I saw him in a movie later on, where he played a one
legged, one armed skier. Don,t remember the name of the movie
James Stacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stacy

The movie was a 1977 made-for-TV flick titled Just a Little
Inconvenience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_a_Little_Inconvenience