Healthwatch: Cupcakke
Add Reply
Topic Cop
2019-09-24 03:30:35 UTC
https://www.stereogum.com/2059096/cupcakke-tearfully-announces-that-she-is-retiring-removing-music-from-streaming-platforms/video/
David Carson
2019-09-24 13:34:49 UTC
When I saw the header, I assumed Cupcakke was an old Texas cat.
That Derek
2019-09-24 16:18:07 UTC
Is the name pronounced like "cupcake," with a screwy spelling?

Or, is it like that reverse discrimination litigant Bakke (BACK- ee) from the mid 1970s?
Michael OConnor
2019-09-24 20:17:06 UTC
Is the name pronounced like "cupcake," with a screwy spelling?
Or, is it like that reverse discrimination litigant Bakke (BACK- ee) from the mid 1970s?
My guess is that she couldn't trademark the word "cupcake" (which is a very important part of branding these days, to trademark your name), so she added the extra K in order to get a trademark. Or, there was another performer already using the name Cupcake so she couldn't use that name. On the other hand, she might just be a very bad speller. By the way, her given name is Elizabeth Eden Harris, which I had to check as I was worried Cupcakke was her given name.