'Orange Is the New Black' creator Jenji Kohan's son dies in ski accident
Big Mongo
2020-01-02 09:30:11 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/02/entertainment/orange-is-the-new-black-son-dies-ski-accident/index.html

'Orange Is the New Black' creator Jenji Kohan's son dies in ski accident

(CNN)Charlie Noxon, the son of "Orange Is the New Black" creator Jenji Kohan, was killed in a New Year's Eve ski accident, his family confirmed to CNN Wednesday. He was 20.

Noxon, who lived in Los Angeles, was vacationing in Park City, Utah, with his father and two siblings. The accident occurred on an intermediate trail near Canyons Village, the Park City Mountain Resort said in a statement. The Park City Mountain Ski Patrol responded to the scene, the resort said, and Noxon was pronounced dead "after further emergency care and evaluation."
Noxon was a junior at Columbia University, his father Christopher Noxon told CNN.
"Charlie was brilliant, kind, funny, sensitive and loving," he said. "He was keenly interested in and deeply curious about the world around him from the time he was a small child. People describe people as brilliant -- but Charlie was truly brilliant."
"We will miss his sweet smile, piercing questions, and big heart. We already do."
d***@gmail.com
2020-01-02 15:50:46 UTC
[...]

Sheesh. He must have had one huge head injury. Ewww. New Years Eve? Don’t drink and ski party boy.

"Charlie was brilliant, kind, funny, sensitive and loving," he said. "He was keenly interested in and deeply curious about the world...” (and the off limits ski trails).

File under “Can’t Fix Stoooopid”.
Kenny McCormack
2020-01-02 17:10:31 UTC
In article <08535026-a597-4a74-bae3-***@googlegroups.com>,
<***@gmail.com> wrote:
Post by Big Mongo
"Charlie was brilliant, kind, funny, sensitive and loving," he said.
"He was keenly interested in and deeply curious about the world...
(and the off limits ski trails).
File under Cant Fix Stoooopid.
Its funny. My SO and I were just discussing this topic earlier, in
response to the other skiing death that was posted here recently. Neither
of us gets what the point of (downhill) skiing is. Its one of those things
where you're just going to break your ankle or kill yourself (eventually).

A good day skiing is one where neither of these things happens...

Until the next time...
--
Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from flashing her
wedding ring around and bragging about her honeymoon to complain that a