Semi-OT: " 'Affluenza' teen's family won't pay full rehab fee"
2014-04-12 17:57:07 UTC
http://www.htrnews.com/usatoday/article/7633643

First paragraphs:

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - The family of a Texas teenager sentenced to probation after killing four people in a drunken-driving wreck will pay for just a fraction of his court-ordered treatment, a court official testified Friday.

Ethan Couch's parents will be charged $1,170 a month for his treatment at the North Texas State Hospital in rural Vernon. That amount would cover less than two days of treatment, which costs $715 a day, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported (http://bit.ly/1qoRLts ).

Couch's case drew national attention due in large part to his defense's argument that his wealthy parents had coddled him into a sense of irresponsibility - a condition that a defense expert called "affluenza."

Couch, 17, killed four people last year when his vehicle rammed into a crowd of people trying to help the driver of a disabled vehicle south of Fort Worth. Investigators said he was driving his family company's pickup truck while drunk and with traces of Valium in his system...

(snip)

Lenona.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2014-04-12 18:14:29 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
http://www.htrnews.com/usatoday/article/7633643
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - The family of a Texas teenager sentenced to probation after killing four people in a drunken-driving wreck will pay for just a fraction of his court-ordered treatment, a court official testified Friday.
And why should they pay full price? Full price is for suckers and poor people, these people are neither.

Their darling child will one day grow up to be a job creator, do you really want him going to the college of his choice in a used car and buying his clothes off the rack? Of course not. We need our upper class unencumbered, free to make this country the best ever. For at least some of us.
c***@aol.com
2014-04-12 18:27:05 UTC
Just euthanize the motherfucker.
Michael OConnor
2014-04-12 18:38:00 UTC
I'd hate to see this guy not get into Harvard, or Yale, or Stanford, just because he was drunk and high and murdered four people. Otherwise, he might have to attend (shudder) a state university.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2014-04-12 19:11:41 UTC
That's not going to happen. I'm just worried he will have to attend classes in last year's clothes and sport about in a used BMW 3 series and not in a roadster or 7 series that his station demands.
c***@aol.com
2014-04-12 20:08:17 UTC
Well, in Illinois, you can murder your entire family, change your name, and become a tenured college professor.
Anglo Saxon
2014-04-12 22:52:15 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Well, in Illinois, you can murder your entire family, change your
name, and become a tenured college professor.>

That's the kind of thing that eventually drives any thinking human being
somewhat mad, the older they get. It accumulates over time, this shit.
Truly, one has to make a conscious decision to keep their marbles all
together because if the reality of what goes on is faced too honestly,
our heads would blow up like in Scanners.
c***@aol.com
2014-04-12 23:03:04 UTC
Quincy College.
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest
2014-04-16 20:23:27 UTC
And yet...

SAN ANTONIO -- A judge has ordered a 23-year-old El Paso man to spend 18 months in a state jail facility for urinating on the Alamo.

State District Judge Ray Olivarri sentenced Daniel Athens on Monday in San Antonio.

Athens had pleaded guilty to felony criminal mischief in February in exchange for a deal that capped his possible punishment at 18 months. The crime usually is punishable by up to two years of incarceration.

The San Antonio Express-News reports that Athens was also ordered to pay $4,000 in restitution -- the cost of repairing the damage done to the facade of the 250-year-old building.

Athens was arrested in April 2012 after he was found urinating on a front wall of the shrine.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-18-months-peeing-alamo-article-1.1757266#ixzz2z5BSwEAr

Nothing more to read, except for a picture of a 23 year-old poor white boy.
l***@yahoo.com
2020-01-03 20:49:44 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-to-be-released-lawyers-say/ar-BBYyQ1Z?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

First paragraphs:

Ethan Couch, the Texas man known for claiming "affluenza" as part of his defense in a fatal DUI crash, will undergo additional testing to prove that he did not violate his parole, his lawyers said Friday.

Couch, 22, had been on probation since being released from jail in April 2018 after serving 720 days for earlier violating his probation in connection with a drunken-driving accident that killed four people and injured several others.

He was back in Tarrant County Jail on Thursday after he tested positive for THC in a mandatory drug screening that was part of his probation, court documents showed.

His lawyers said they expect he will be released Friday or Monday, pending further investigation and additional testing...

(snip)