Senator Robert Dole
2021-12-05 16:58:13 UTC
Just breaking
danny burstein
2021-12-05 19:06:06 UTC
Just breaking
Lead story of Google News,with CNN,NBC,Fox,WashPost,CBS cites.
July 22,1923 to December 5,2021.
What older people would you call well-known?
Betty White!
***@panix.com
2021-12-05 21:59:17 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by That Derek
Just breaking
Lead story of Google News,with CNN,NBC,Fox,WashPost,CBS cites.
July 22,1923 to December 5,2021.
What older people would you call well-known?
Betty White!
She and Norman Lear were born in 1922...so are centenary
celebrations planned?

Dole was the oldest surviving person to have served in the
House (and had only attained that distinction last month).
We've lost a lot of very old notables this year(Norman Lloyd,
Prestley Blake,Beverly Cleary,Renee Simonot all years over 100,
Prince Philip months short...) and I hope the ones we have left
reach 2022!

Viscount Falmouth was born Halloween 1919...rather obscure
outside https://tregothnan.co.uk/ I expect.

radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-12-06 19:21:53 UTC
Here's another Varvel too, a Dole tribute that someone of pretty much any ideology would deem fitting and even lovely.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
===================
https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2021/12/06/186907
Louis Epstein
2021-12-29 04:02:42 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by danny burstein
Post by That Derek
Just breaking
Lead story of Google News,with CNN,NBC,Fox,WashPost,CBS cites.
July 22,1923 to December 5,2021.
What older people would you call well-known?
Betty White!
She and Norman Lear were born in 1922...so are centenary
celebrations planned?
Looks like (though retired and widowed last year) Al Jaffee is
still alive (born 1921)...would he count to you?
2021-12-05 21:41:25 UTC
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:58:13 -0800 (PST), That Derek
Post by That Derek
Just breaking
Surprising to hear that. I had assumed the old prick passed years ago.
He'd been in the news twice this year,on his 98th birthday
and being quoted on the death of an actor who impersonated
him on SNL.

(Echoes of Bob Hope dying shortly after the Congressman who
had falsely announced Hope's death on the House floor).