OT No need to worry
Matthew Kruk
2022-01-09 07:40:01 UTC
"If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about
it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help
in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."
~Dalai Lama XIV
radioacti...@gmail.com
2022-01-09 12:08:15 UTC
Ya oughta get Bobby McFerrin to set the Lama's words to music.

Meanwhile, another to-the-XIVth-power bit of wisdom:
"They're coming to take me AWAY--ha ha, hee hee!"
--Napoleon XIV

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Jason
2022-01-09 15:34:41 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Ya oughta get Bobby McFerrin to set the Lama's words to music.
"They're coming to take me AWAY--ha ha, hee hee!"
--Napoleon XIV
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
And then there's THESE TWO GEMS, which could never be made in today's PC sensitive world:

"IF YOU WANNA BE HAPPY" by Jimmy Soul peaked at #1 in 1963
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you
A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he married her and then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart
But if you make an ugly woman your wife
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind
Don't let your friends say you have no taste
Go ahead and marry anyway
Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match
Take it from me, she's a better catch
Say man!
Hey baby!
I saw your wife the other day!
Yeah?
Yeah, an' she's ugly!
Yeah, she's ugly, but she sure can cook, baby!
Yeah, alright!

AND
Joe Tex had a hit in 1977 with "Ain't Gonna Bump No More w/No Big Fat Woman"
Three nights ago, I was at a disco
Man, I wanted to bump, I was rarin' to go
And this big fat woman, bumped me on the floor
She was rarin' to go, that chick was rarin' to go
Man she did a dip, almost broke my hip
She was gettin' down, that chick was gettin' down
She wanted to bump some more, but I told her no
You done knocked me down once
You done knocked me down once
Said if you wanna dance
Find you a big fat man
Ya'll both can get on down
Ya'll both can get on down, huh
She came over to me, snatched me out of my seat
She wanted to get on down, still wanted to get on down
I told her to go on and leave me alone
I ain't gettin' down
You done hurt my hip once
Somebody take her, I don't want her
Say, Leroy, you can have this one, dude
This big fat woman, dude
I don't want her
radioacti...@gmail.com
2022-01-09 20:31:41 UTC
Oh, and then there's also THIS famed XIVth assertion, which translated from The French has surely whetted the appetites for power of many would-be despots worldwide:

I am the State.
--Louis XIV

STYBLE/Florida
Louis Epstein
2022-01-10 18:43:37 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Oh, and then there's also THIS famed XIVth assertion, which translated from
The French has surely whetted the appetites for power of many would-be despots
I am the State.
--Louis XIV
STYBLE/Florida
In French,"L'etat,c'est moi."

In years past an article in The Economist about the autocratic
exertions of Kenyan president Daniel arap Moi was headlined,
"L'etat,c'est Moi".

Visual punnery par excellence.

2022-01-10 18:45:00 UTC
Post by Matthew Kruk
"If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about
it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help
in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."
~Dalai Lama XIV
This bears a distinct resemblance to the "Serenity Prayer"
("God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.")

Matthew Kruk