N Z Photographer John Bramley, 56
Add Reply
t***@iwvisp.com
2013-05-25 03:29:05 UTC
Kiwi photographer dies in India
Last updated 15:55 22/05/2013

A New Zealand photographer is dead after falling from the 17th floor
of a hotel in India.

John Bramley, 56, was in Mumbai working on a photo shoot for Disney,
along with 20 to 25 other professionals from around the world, Indian
police said. He died at the Taj Lands End Hotel on Monday night (early
Tuesday NZT).

Family members were on their way from New Zealand to Mumbai, police
said.

Bramley's brother Michael said it was a difficult time the family and
asked for privacy.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade said it was aware of the
death of a New Zealander in Mumbai.

Consular staff at the New Zealand High Commission in New Delhi, the
New Zealand Consulate-General in Mumbai, and the ministry were helping
the family.

Ray Arthur
MWB
2013-05-25 03:59:01 UTC
How in the hell does someone my age fall out of window???

People my age get tossed out of windows or it was a suicide.

GO RED SOX NATION

Mark
h***@gmail.com
2013-07-08 01:40:07 UTC
You have to be a photographer to understand. We photogs can walk backwards while shooting continuously and sense a curb and navigate it without looking - it's just instinct after a while -- most of the time. The viewfinder is where our attention is, but our senses are focused everywhere else.

It's my guess he moved backwards while shooting in an unfamiliar setting and got caught with too many senses focused on the camera. It happened to me in Mexico one New Year's Eve, I fell backwards off a cliff while shooting but survived. Several Margaritas were to blame.

I worked with John on several feature films, Operation Dumbo Drop in Thailand, Graceland in Memphis, Spiderman 2 and 3 also. He was great fun to work with.

He will be missed.
c***@aol.com
2013-07-08 02:34:49 UTC
In other words, they can't chew gum and walk at the same time. Fools.
c***@gmail.com
I just discovered this terrible news when I tried to contact him today and his accounts were shut down. He was a great guy and I am shocked and dismayed by the lack of information/acknowledgement of this man's life and death, especially considering he had a hand in films literally millions of people saw. I worked for him and considered him my friend. We did not share common friends, and therefore I had no idea. I am very saddened. If anyone who knew him would like to reach out to me personally, please email me privately at ***@gmail.com I did not know his family or friends . . . He was a special guy. I am truly grief struck. This tiny obit clip is the only I can find written about him. RIP John. Wish I had known. Your departure was too early and you are missed.
d***@gmail.com
2016-11-23 01:50:09 UTC
Nice to hear your all your tributes to John who was a maverick to whom I felt close in the early days of our career's on The New Zealand herald.....and now sadly I hear that his brother Michael is also dead......
w***@gmail.com
2017-01-20 08:21:27 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Nice to hear your all your tributes to John who was a maverick to whom I felt close in the early days of our career's on The New Zealand herald.....and now sadly I hear that his brother Michael is also dead......
Hi, this is Rob Chalk, a good mate of Johns. l for some unknown reason googled Johns name, guess l just wanted to acknowledge him again, when l came across the news that Michael had died. this is very distressing, and to think what Dorrie, they're Mum would be going through is unimaginable. How very sad.
Johns dear dog Sweet Pea is presently asleep at the end of my bed, she will turn 14 on june the 6th this year. She is my every day reminder of my mate John and how l miss him....rest in peace brother.
s***@gmail.com
2020-03-11 06:53:54 UTC
A friend posted on facebook about a show she did many years ago, and I saw that John was the photographer on it. I worked with him many years after that show. My friend had no idea idea John had passed. I'm glad to hear Sweet Pea was cared for after John's death. She was only a few years old when I met John, and I loved seeing them both every day of that shoot. Such a tragic loss.
d***@gmail.com
2020-03-11 15:41:20 UTC
Rob Clark:

Hi, this is Rob Chalk, a good mate of Johns. l for some unknown reason googled Johns name, guess l just wanted to acknowledge him again, when l came across the news that Michael had died. this is very distressing, and to think what Dorrie, they're Mum would be going through is unimaginable. How very sad.
Johns dear dog Sweet Pea is presently asleep at the end of my bed, she will turn 14 on june the 6th this year. She is my every day reminder of my mate John and how l miss him....rest in peace brother.

He was a rich friend to have you in his life. May God richly bless you.