OT...(but)...Utah men now have to pay...
Add Reply
Lenona
2021-04-13 16:19:17 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/utah-fathers-now-legally-required-011035746.html

Excerpts:

A new law in Utah requires biological fathers to be legally obligated to pay for half of their partner’s pregnancy costs. The state’s Planned Parenthood and the bill’s sponsor claim Utah is the first state to mandate paternal prenatal child support, NBC News reports. In some states, such as Wisconsin and New York, there is a pre-birth expense provision that results in fathers being financially responsible for it.

The measure’s sponsor hopes that it will lessen the burden on mothers while increasing responsibility on the part of fathers.

The measure’s sponsor, Republican Rep. Brady Brammer, said he chose to sponsor the measure because he had grown tired of anti-abortion efforts and wanted to propose legislation that helps women to reach a full-term pregnancy.

....The father also would not be financially responsible for any costs associated with an abortion received without his consent — unless it was necessary to prevent maternal death or if the pregnancy was the result of rape...
Lenona
2021-04-13 16:31:52 UTC
Here's where the "but" comes in. As in, potential crime.

In the article, a few people pointed out likely problems with the law. But one can count on Cambion, et al (especially bell_flower and JoJo) to point out the nastier possibilities that too many politicians never consider.

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,440531
Adam H. Kerman
2021-04-13 16:54:19 UTC
Post by Lenona
[...]
I hope they've thought through the unintended consequences, like forcing
a pregnant woman to have a relationship with a man she never wants to see
again.
Lenona
2021-04-13 17:44:58 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Lenona
....The father also would not be financially responsible for any costs
associated with an abortion received without his consent - unless it
was necessary to prevent maternal death or if the pregnancy was the
result of rape...
I hope they've thought through the unintended consequences, like forcing
a pregnant woman to have a relationship with a man she never wants to see
again.
Cambion pointed that out, in the thread. I figured readers here would notice that too, which is why I quoted it.

I wish I could see the comments at Yahoo as well, but I can't.
Will Dockery
2021-04-24 17:34:13 UTC
Post by Lenona
[...]
Bullshit anti-male propaganda. I never gave my ex or her spawn a dime. No regrets.