Norm Macdonald, 61, SNL star fired for OJ Simpson jokes
Travoltron
2021-09-14 19:32:22 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990693/Comedian-Norm-Macdonald-dies-age-61-privately-battling-cancer-nine-years.html
Kenny McCormack
2021-09-14 19:42:09 UTC
Post by Travoltron
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990693/Comedian-Norm-Macdonald-dies-age-61-privately-battling-cancer-nine-years.html
What was the joke?
--
Q: How much do dead batteries cost?

A: Nothing. They are free of charge.
J.D. Baldwin
2021-09-14 21:04:41 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Travoltron
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990693/Comedian-Norm-Macdonald-dies-age-61-privately-battling-cancer-nine-years.html
What was the joke?
MacDonald did a series of jokes over a few years *savaging* OJ Simpson
and his ridiculous denials of guilt. You can search for "Norm
MacDonald OJ Simpson jokes" and find several treasure troves of them.

An NBC executive named Don Ohlmeyer (RIH), who was good personal
friends with OJ, got tired of it and intervened to fire MacDonald from
Weekend Update. Ohlmeyer claimed that MacDonald was simply not funny,
which is a pretty transparently stupid thing to say about the (then)
funniest man alive.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-14 21:14:13 UTC
Post by Travoltron
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990693/Comedian-Norm-Macdonald-dies-age-61-privately-battling-cancer-nine-years.html
Just this morning, I finished The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling. Norm
Macdonald's eulogy was pretty funny.
Turd Ferguson
2021-09-15 01:21:14 UTC
Post by Travoltron