Lou Brock 1939-2020
2020-09-06 22:56:40 UTC
The great St. Louis base-stealer,born June 18th 1939,died today
(September 6th 2020) according to that city's newspaper website and
others.
(He did start with the Cubs).

Yet another reason for baseball devotees to come out of the woodwork
on this newsgroup!

Adam H. Kerman
2020-09-07 01:27:24 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
The great St. Louis base-stealer,born June 18th 1939,died today
(September 6th 2020) according to that city's newspaper website and
others.
(He did start with the Cubs).
Like nearly everyone traded away by the Cubs, their greatest offensive
performances are for the team they were traded to.
on this newsgroup!
That Derek
2020-09-07 03:56:30 UTC
I really don't have anything relevant or pertinent to say in a rejoinder about Lou Brock. I just wanted a legitimate posting back at the top rather than all those suspicious-looking postings about prescription drugs for sale.

Whoever is posting under the handle "buymedsuk," Shame on You!
Louis Epstein
2020-09-07 05:07:40 UTC
I really don't have anything relevant or pertinent to say in a
rejoinder about Lou Brock.
I remember when he broke the single-season stolen base record
in 1974 (since broken for the majors by Rickey Henderson and for
the NL by Vince Coleman).

An appreciative radio commentary on this was the first I ever heard
of Phyllis Schlafly,and from there my opinion of her had nowhere to
go but D-O-W-N.
Post by That Derek
I just wanted a legitimate posting back at the top rather than all
those suspicious-looking postings about prescription drugs for sale.
Whoever is posting under the handle "buymedsuk," Shame on You!
Maybe he can take some of his meds in a combination that would
lead to his becoming on-topic?