DIGITAL UNDERGROUND'S SHOCK G DEAD AT 57
Add Reply
Big Mongo
2021-04-23 02:06:32 UTC
https://amp.tmz.com/2021/04/22/shock-g-dead-dies-digital-underground-humpty-dance-tupac/

DIGITAL UNDERGROUND'S SHOCK G DEAD AT 57

Shock G, famous for Digital Underground's hit song "The Humpty Dance" and his work with Tupac Shakur, is dead.

The rap legend was found dead Thursday in a hotel room in Tampa ... according to his father, Edward Racker.

We're told the cause of death is unclear but there were no signs of trauma. Shock's father says authorities will conduct and autopsy.

Shock G was the lead singer for the pioneering hip hop group Digital Underground, and he gets into character as his alter ego, "Humpty Hump," for the group's famous 1989 song and dance.

Shock was also known for his collabs with 2Pac ... he's featured on Pac's 1993 song "I Get Around" and he was one of the producers on Tupac's 1991 debut solo album, "2Pacalypse Now."

In fact, Shock G helped introduce 2Pac to the music world ... Pac was a member of Digital Underground when he appeared on the group's 1991 song and music video, "Same Song," for his first published work.

Shock G was born and raised on the East Coast, but he eventually settled in Oakland, where he formed Digital Underground in the late 1980s with Chopmaster J and Kenneth Water.

In addition to his work with 2Pac, Shock G produced songs for Dr. Dre, Prince and KRS-One, just to name a few.

Shock G was 57.

RIP
David Samuel Barr
2021-04-23 04:07:16 UTC
Totally shocked (no pun intended) to read
this. I of course knew Shock G (real name
Greg Jacobs) back in 1989-93 when we put
out Digital Underground's records. He was
a very nice guy, although when in his
Edward Ellington Humphrey III (Humpty Hump)
character he was a rather different and
standoffish person, at least to me. It
was a lot of fun dealing with the group
and their music. Even after 30 years it's
still in play: a few weeks ago labelmate
Queen Latifah featured and sang along with
"The Humpty Dance" on the car radio in the
opening of one of her "Equalizer" episodes.
Greg will indeed be missed.
RIP
Will Dockery
2021-04-24 17:29:19 UTC
Post by Big Mongo
[...]
Rap sucks. No big loss. I hope they bury him with his stupid nose on.