Billy Edd Wheeler, songwriter & playwright, 91
Add Reply
bryan_styble
2024-09-18 17:53:46 UTC
The late Wheeler seems to have been a fascinating fellow, AND he
happened to have penned "Jackson"--for my money the greatest
must-sing-as-a-duet tune EVER: (methinks the hipsters' Nancy & Lee take
on it far outdid the country-lovebirds' June & Johnny version).

Plus, instead of staying mundane for the middle element of his tricorn
name (thus spelling it as in Ed Sullivan), Wheeler used the far more
cool spelling (as in Edd "Kookie" Burns)...decades before Kookie first
lent Connie Stevens his comb!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Edd_Wheeler
bryan_styble
2024-09-18 20:30:06 UTC
DISC-JOCKEY ERROR!

Here I was textually making a big deal about how nifty it was that Billy
Edd Wheeler used that hipster spelling long before the Kookie character
on "77 Sunset Strip" popularized it...and then I up and misspelled Edd
"Kookie" Byrnes!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida