Carol Serling, 91, widow of Rod Serling
2020-01-13 23:31:21 UTC
https://twitter.com/AnneSerling/status/1216841840286228483
Anne Serling
@AnneSerling
4:57 PM · Jan 13, 2020

I am saddened to announce my mother Carol Serling has passed away. She lived to be 91. She married my dad, Rod Serling, in 1948. A marriage that lasted until his death in 1975. She was with him throughout his early and extended career and will be missed.
David LaRue
I am sorry for your loss.
That Derek
2020-01-14 05:23:48 UTC
Flashback, 1981.

Carol Serling appears as a guest on NYC's "The Joe Franklin Show" (before Channel 9 became a Superstation, a dynamic that later gave Joe some nation-wide cachet ripe for Billy Crystal's parody on SNL).

The widow Serling announced the launch of "Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone" Magazine, a new monthly science fiction anthology periodical which also offered TZone transcription scripts and a serialized episode guide.

While fawning over the TZone phenomenon, Joe went off on one of his bizarre, yet not unusual, tangents by asking another panelist -- in this instance a calligraphy expert -- his opinion on The Twilight Zone.

Said calligrapher offered words to the effect of "Well, Joe, I like it. If you remember many of the plots involved the old plot of 'man versus machine" ... and that's what calligraphy is all about. It's done by hand! There's no machinery involved. ..."

Hoo-boy.

"I know it's true, oh so true, because i saw it on TV."
--John Fogerty