Emily Bernard Bivens,her mother,her son
2019-08-30 13:52:29 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/30/us/blake-bivens-instagram-message-family-killed

A minor-league baseball player's wife,her mother,and infant son,
her brother is under arrest for the killings.
(story has husband's Instagram post with a photo of the 3 together)

a***@gmail.com
2019-08-30 14:08:50 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/30/us/blake-bivens-instagram-message-family-killed
A minor-league baseball player's wife,her mother,and infant son,
her brother is under arrest for the killings.
(story has husband's Instagram post with a photo of the 3 together)
I cannot even imagine what Blake Bivens is going through. Such a horrible story. I could barely finish his Instagram post.

This tragedy reminded me of the tragedy that fell Sam Rice. He left his family home in 1912 to tryout for a minor league baseball team, and while he was gone, a tornado killed his mother, two sisters, his wife and two young sons. His father, who survived the storm, was so stricken with grief that he lost his will to live and died a couple weeks later. Rice, around 22 years of age, wandered lost for years and eventually joined the U.S. Navy to get away from the pain, He would return to baseball and become one of the game's most celebrated outfielders, rapping out almost 3000 hits en route to Cooperstown. However, the loss of seven family members essentially in a single moment took years to overcome, if he ever did at all.

I hope Bivens can one day find peace, but how does one recover from this?
Louis Epstein
2019-08-30 14:54:05 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Louis Epstein
[...]
I wonder what stats he might have had had he been spared this horror!
Post by a***@gmail.com
I hope Bivens can one day find peace, but how does one recover from this?
Hope for a good life but the one that could have been is lost...
Post by a***@gmail.com