Eleanor Epstein 1928-2021
2021-01-21 06:38:13 UTC
My father's brother's widow,last of her generation in the family,
is the subject of some Legacy obits in the NY Times and probably
elsewhere.I hadn't heard she was sick until I learned from a cousin
that she had died Friday morning...she got COVID and went quickly.
Another childhood anchor lost.
She was very active in New Jersey Jewish philanthropies,with which
I had only a glancing connection.
She was a staunch Democrat,and glad of the presidential election,
I wish she had lived to see the inauguration.

Adam H. Kerman
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-01-21 17:06:32 UTC
If Aunt Eleanor was even a fifth as idiosyncratic and fascinating a lady as is her math-nerd nephew and alt-obits bon vivant textually demonstrates herein...well, then the world is missing a remarkable woman.

Sorry for the long silence, Louis and others out there in Alt-Obit Land; am still preoccupied with major projects.

BRYAN STYBLE/Zanadu, somewhere in Florida
radioacti...@gmail.com
2021-01-21 17:54:08 UTC
I should have pointed out* above that I have great admiration for math nerds, and indeed am proudly one my idiosyncratic self.

STYBLE/Zanadu
* In a footnote.
Louis Epstein
2021-01-21 19:15:23 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
I should have pointed out* above that I have great admiration for math nerds, and indeed am proudly one my idiosyncratic self.
STYBLE/Zanadu
* In a footnote.
And on THAT note,how familiar are you with my
http://www.put.com/A/bignumb.html site?
My latest function creation is http://www.put.com/A/scnumb.html
without which the 2021 Contender,current climax of
http://www.put.com/A/bignumb.html ,
wouldn't be nearly so big.