John “Jack” Lyle, 98, ka-ching! another Tuskegee Airman (shot down a Messerschmidt)
2019-01-09 17:04:38 UTC
http://www.legacy.com/news/celebrity-deaths/notable-deaths/article/john-jack-lyle-2019-world-war-ii-tuskegee-airm

Notable Deaths
John “Jack” Lyle (2019), World War II Tuskegee Airman

By: Legacy Staff
1 day ago

John “Jack” Lyle (2019) was one of the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, the country’s first African-American fighter group. The Airmen were among the most skilled pilots during World War II. Lyle, who named his plane “Natalie” in honor of his first wife, was credited with shooting down a German Messerschmitt. After the war, he became a Chicago police officer with the park district and operated a tree trimming company. His favorite hobby was sailing on Lake Michigan.

We invite you to share condolences for John “Jack” Lyle in our Guest Book.

Died: Saturday January 5, 2019.

Details of death: Died at the age of 98 at his home in Chicago from prostate cancer.
That Derek
2019-01-09 18:43:30 UTC
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/1u11t9/an_raf_vet_is_giving_a_talk_about_the_war/

An Royal Air Force veteran is giving a talk to a class of school children, and was trying to explain what a typical mission would be like.

"So there I was, escorting the bombers to their target, when out of the blue we were attacked by a bunch of Fokkers. There were about twenty of these Fokkers. One took out my buddy, but I managed to shoot the Fokker down. Then one was on my tail and I couldn't shake the Fokker, but my pal took care of him. Then I took out two more of the Fokkers..."

The teacher interrupts "Children, I should explain, the Fokker was a type of fighter aeroplane used by the German Air Force to stop the RAF bombers and their escorts."

"Yes ... but these Fokkers were Messerschmitts!"
RHDraney
Thank you, Benny Hill....r
That Derek
2019-01-10 01:11:25 UTC
When somebody steals from Benny Hill, it's not plagiarism -- it's re-possession !!!

And that quip is not new; IIRC, Danny Thomas said it to and about Milton Berle in an episode of "That Girl" (said episode involved both comics trying to gain access to an old vaudevillian's trunk and the assumed wealth of old jokes wherein and which somehow came in to Ann Marie's

This all proves that "there is nothing new under the sun" -- and that adage isn't even new since it appears in the Book of Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 IIRC.