Like Totally Cancelled
2019-05-10 19:56:47 UTC
Not as big an event as Woodstock 50 was supposed to be,
but http://www.liketotallyfestival.com/ (which had run
for the last few years) has been cancelled the day before
it was to take place.
3 days before it was to take place,the Bangles,who were
to headline it,pulled out citing "unforeseen circumstances"
and someone on Facebook commented that this was because
the promoters were unable to meet financial guarantees to
the bands.
The festival website just says "issues we can not resolve
to continue and for the safety and well-being of the bands
and fans we have to make this decision".
They plan to reschedule and "tickets will be honored at
that time" but who knows.

2019-05-10 22:10:54 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Not as big an event as Woodstock 50 was supposed to be,
but http://www.liketotallyfestival.com/ (which had run
for the last few years) has been cancelled the day before
it was to take place.
3 days before it was to take place,the Bangles,who were
to headline it,pulled out citing "unforeseen circumstances"
and someone on Facebook commented that this was because
the promoters were unable to meet financial guarantees to
the bands.
The festival website just says "issues we can not resolve
to continue and for the safety and well-being of the bands
and fans we have to make this decision".
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/10/like-totally-festival-in-huntington-beach-canceled-by-organizers/
reports that they were unable to provide a required engineering safety
report for their stage structure.
Not sure what went into that inability...or how its timing
synchronized with the Bangles' pullout.
2019-05-10 23:02:12 UTC
Walk out like an Egyptian? Eternal flame-out?
Louis Epstein
2019-05-10 23:41:17 UTC
Walk out like an Egyptian? Eternal flame-out?
Well,it sounded like the safety officials wanted
the engineering report Here Right Now and the
promoters didn't have it...so there was a risk
that Pushin' Too Hard on the stage would make
it fall down and Everything would be All Over The
Place.Even if audience members were unhurt it's
uncomfortable when a (guitar) Hero Takes a Fall.
In The Real World,there are regulations the
officials Want You to be Following and are
not inclined to Let It Go.So days before it
would have come to Ladies and Gentlemen,The Bangles,
Sweethearts of the Sun,the band decided things were
Getting Out of Hand.(They may have been Restless
and demanded their advance fee by Return Post...if
the promoter promised I Will Take Care of You their
bank nonetheless reported I Got Nothing,if the
promoter said Ask Me No Questions or gave them the
Silent Treatment they also had no reason to be Grateful).
So they pulled out and let the festival Crash and Burn.

Bryan Styble
2019-05-11 21:27:50 UTC
Quite witty, Sir Epstein!

Meanwhile, have the promoters finally decided yes or no on Woodstock 50?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Topic Cop
2019-05-12 18:19:18 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Quite witty, Sir Epstein!
Meanwhile, have the promoters finally decided yes or no on Woodstock 50?
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
They should have cancelled Epicenter

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tool-judas-priest-others-have-their-epicenter-festival-performances-canceled-due-to-severe-weather/
Louis Epstein
2019-05-15 01:33:25 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Quite witty, Sir Epstein!
Meanwhile, have the promoters finally decided yes or no on Woodstock 50?
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
News perhaps of note:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/8511429/woodstock-dentsu-emails-new-york-court-injunction-documents-michael-lang
(note that this article links to others about the situation)

Woodstock is actually a considerable distance from Watkins Glen,
where "Woodstock 50" was planned to be held...the actual site
of the 1969 festival was Bethel,which is closer to Woodstock than
to Watkins Glen but still a significant drive from either.

m***@gmail.com
I live fairly close to Watkins Glen. It would take approx 2.5 hrs to drive from there to Bethel NY.
Louis Epstein
2019-06-01 05:26:03 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Bryan Styble
Quite witty, Sir Epstein!
Meanwhile, have the promoters finally decided yes or no on Woodstock 50?
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/8511429/woodstock-dentsu-emails-new-york-court-injunction-documents-michael-lang
(note that this article links to others about the situation)
Woodstock is actually a considerable distance from Watkins Glen,
where "Woodstock 50" was planned to be held...the actual site
of the 1969 festival was Bethel,which is closer to Woodstock than
to Watkins Glen but still a significant drive from either.
I live fairly close to Watkins Glen. It would take approx 2.5 hrs to
drive from there to Bethel NY.
And longer to drive to Woodstock itself.

Woodstock 50 is still in court and apparently arbitration has
been ordered over whether the backers can cancel it.

LikeTotally remains totally cancelled,no hint of the supposed
rescheduling.
Post by m***@gmail.com
2019-06-12 04:28:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Bryan Styble
Quite witty, Sir Epstein!
Meanwhile, have the promoters finally decided yes or no on Woodstock 50?
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/8511429/woodstock-dentsu-emails-new-york-court-injunction-documents-michael-lang
(note that this article links to others about the situation)
Woodstock is actually a considerable distance from Watkins Glen,
where "Woodstock 50" was planned to be held...the actual site
of the 1969 festival was Bethel,which is closer to Woodstock than
to Watkins Glen but still a significant drive from either.
I live fairly close to Watkins Glen. It would take approx 2.5 hrs to
drive from there to Bethel NY.
Watkins Glen has decided that if it happens,it won't be there;
the promoters are trying to line up a new venue (further or closer
compared to Woodstock or Bethel is unclear).
Post by m***@gmail.com