Fred Westbrook, age unavailable, talent manager for Adam West -- per Batman '66 message board
2016-11-05 00:37:11 UTC
http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5257

Rest in Peace - Fred Westbrook

Postby Scott Sebring » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:03 pm

It's with deep regret that I have to share the news that Adam West's agent, Fred Westbrook has passed away. Andrew Goodwin, longtime friend and known to most of as Burt [Ward]'s agent, has issued the following statement:

Today I lost my best friend and business partner and we all lost a fellow bat-fan. After a brave battle with cancer Fred Westbrook passed away peacefully this morning at his home. As many of you know Fred and I worked together for almost 25 years keeping our favorite crime fighters front and center in our “Bat-World”. There was nobody better in the business than Fred. As was documented in the movie “Starring Adam West”, Fred dedicated his life to ensuring Adam got the recognition that we all believe he deserves. Many of you have met Fred at the various shows we’ve done across the country, and love him or not, Fred was always sure to leave a lasting impression on us all. I know at times this board hasn’t always been kind to Fred, but please understand that he had a job to do, which at times wasn’t easy. I personally have learned so much from Fred, and I’m sure he still had a lot more to teach me. I will cherish the memories he has given me and the opportunities he gave me. I will miss Fred more than I can tell you.

Any of you who met Adam or enjoyed him in anything he’s done over the last 25 years have Fred to thank. He did what he did not just because it was his job, but because he too was a fan and knew what the fans would love. I ask of you now to think of Fred fondly and give him thanks and some credit for making many of your dreams come true.

With a very heavy heart, I appreciate your support and thank you for your understanding

Andrew Goodwin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0922454/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Per IMdb, also repped Phyllis Diller.
Diner
2016-11-06 16:16:41 UTC
http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5257
Rest in Peace - Fred Westbrook
Fred was the co-author of "The Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows," a terrific book and the definitive reference book on the genre.

And he was the agent for some of the biggest names in the game show field: Wink Martindale, Geoff Edwards, Bob Eubanks, Gene Rayburn, Peter Marshall, Tom Kennedy, etc.

Per this obit (with video clip), he died in his sleep after a long battle with lung cancer. Also, his real surname was Wostbrock, and he went by both names professionally.

http://www.buzzerblog.com/2016/11/05/rip-fred-wostbrock/
c***@aol.com
Talent and Adam West in the same sentence is HILARIOUS
v***@gmail.com
v***@gmail.com
2018-03-31 16:32:56 UTC
[...]
Fred Wostbrock went to college with me. I remember him from the radio statoin. Sad for his loss.