David Uri, a.o. participant, 65
Add Reply
J.D. Baldwin
2019-06-19 09:50:04 UTC
Seems a series of reliable FB reports from IRL friends and such noting
the death of our own David Uri at 65 from "a sudden illness." If any
details are forthcoming, I'll repost them here.
2019-06-19 11:18:47 UTC
What does "a.o." and "IRL" stand for? Your over-abbreviated posting gives absolutely no indication of who Mr. Uri is?
W.C. Green
2019-06-19 12:43:46 UTC
What does "a.o." and "IRL" stand for? Your over-abbreviated posting gives absolutely no indication of who Mr. Uri is?
alt.obituaries is "a.o" and "IRL" is "In Real Life."
Wendy Chatley Green
David Carson
2019-06-19 19:52:15 UTC
Ask him about J.D. while you're at it.
e***@aol.com
2019-06-23 20:31:00 UTC
What does "a.o." and "IRL" stand for? Your over-abbreviated posting gives absolutely no indication of who Mr. Uri is?
Eeeyikes
MJ Emigh
2019-06-23 22:32:02 UTC
Yeah, I was a little surprised that Derek, of all people, posted that. He is one of my.....if not my most....admired poster here. Almost always insightful in some way, he approaches most of it with fine humor. But I've been involved in a few things over the years in which I somehow found myself in a leadership role, without ever being told some basic stuff. It happens.
Jason
2019-06-19 21:54:33 UTC
His Facebook https://www.facebook.com/daviduri now says "Remembering" David Uri (I can't get in to learn anything more because I'm not a member)

His Twitter https://twitter.com/daviduri has a post from Nov stating that he has Atrial Fibrillation and I know from my family history that this condition can trigger both heart attacks and strokes.
Michael OConnor
2019-06-19 22:27:10 UTC
I've been here since 1996 or 97, I don't remember him, but thru this forum so many posters have come and gone, and a number, sadly, have passed away.
Michael OConnor
2019-06-19 22:30:53 UTC
I did a search on him. It looks like his last post here was in 2015 when he posted on the death of prolific alt.obits poster DGH.
Louis Epstein
2019-06-21 08:38:48 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
I did a search on him. It looks like his last post here was in 2015 when he posted on the death of prolific alt.obits poster DGH.
Maybe we should compile a list of deceased alt.obituaries posters and
periodically update it?

t***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 12:15:37 UTC
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic. The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and Hoodoo.
Louis Epstein
2019-06-23 00:52:42 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic.
The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and
Hoodoo.
There was a British contributor who died long ago,
I wish I could remember his name more clearly.

2019-06-24 21:07:49 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic.
The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and
Hoodoo.
There was a British contributor who died long ago,
I wish I could remember his name more clearly.
(I think he had some "old fart" like nickname,
he hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread).
John M.
Old Curmudgeon?
Louis Epstein
2019-06-25 05:55:14 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic.
The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and
Hoodoo.
There was a British contributor who died long ago,
I wish I could remember his name more clearly.
(I think he had some "old fart" like nickname,
he hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread).
Old Curmudgeon?
Might have been.
Was he also known as Ray something?
Post by John M.
Post by Louis Epstein
John M.
I don't remember. I do seem to recall someone named Ray though.
Michael OConnor
Ray Arthur?
wboenig
2019-06-26 02:13:53 UTC
Roy Archer, believed to have gone on-topic in 2002.
Louis Epstein
2019-06-26 03:29:36 UTC
Post by wboenig
Roy Archer, believed to have gone on-topic in 2002.
That rings a bell.

Always Right
2019-06-23 21:24:51 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic. The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and Hoodoo.
News of PirateJohn's demise is greatly exaggerated, I can assure you.

The good die young. The old, mean and cranky tend to stick around a bit longer.
Louis Epstein
2019-06-24 00:25:25 UTC
Post by Always Right
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic. The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and Hoodoo.
News of PirateJohn's demise is greatly exaggerated, I can assure you.
The good die young. The old, mean and cranky tend to stick around a bit longer.
So is Gilmer vs Cmelak still going on?

PirateJohn
2019-06-24 04:58:42 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Always Right
Post by t***@gmail.com
Pirate John and King Daevid MacKenzie are two prolific posters on topic. The biggest internet fight I have ever seen was between Pirate John and Hoodoo.
News of PirateJohn's demise is greatly exaggerated, I can assure you.
The good die young. The old, mean and cranky tend to stick around a bit longer.
I think that Cmelak died something like 20 years ago.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-24 01:23:42 UTC
Sorry I got you two mixed up.
t***@iwvisp.com
2019-06-24 04:08:51 UTC
Many of the regulars from the ‘90’s and 00’s who aren’t here have joined the Facebook a. o. page. It stays more on topic with less bullshit.

Here’s a bit of an update from the Facebook a. o. page:

Bob F is still alive and posting in the Facebook group (and posted on the David Uri thread in the group). Hoodoo is definitely dead; he died a couple of years ago. No idea about Matthew Kruk. Others that come to mind are DGH (Dean Huffman) and King Daevid.

Ray Arthur
That Derek
2019-06-21 14:58:24 UTC

Yeah. Whatever became of Matthew Kruk?
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 15:11:42 UTC
.....and his confederate BobF?
Always Right
Bob posted on Facebook in memory of Mr. Uri.
amelia rosner
2019-06-24 21:00:17 UTC
Heard from him in February. He was ok then.
Matthew Kruk
Still am ;-)
Michael OConnor
2019-06-26 06:26:09 UTC
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the venerable Mr. Beaver?
Louis Epstein
2019-06-26 07:20:32 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a
special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the
venerable Mr. Beaver?
Who do you count?
Brad Ferguson?
Zachariah Love?

J.D. Baldwin
2019-08-14 21:13:48 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Zachariah Love?
Am I conflating different people, or was "Zachariah Love" the
pseudonym of that guy who ran a sort of deadpool scam where he
collected entry fees but never paid out?
2019-08-20 02:22:11 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Zachariah Love?
Am I conflating different people, or was "Zachariah Love" the
pseudonym of that guy who ran a sort of deadpool scam where he
collected entry fees but never paid out?
That is indeed the operator of the Lee Atwater Invitational Dead Pool
aka Stiffs.com.

2019-06-30 16:00:43 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a
special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the
venerable Mr. Beaver?
Dolores (MadCow57)?

J.D. Baldwin
2019-06-30 22:30:04 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a
special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the
venerable Mr. Beaver?
Dolores (MadCow57)?
She was definitely alive as of mid-2017.
2019-07-01 20:54:39 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a
special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the
venerable Mr. Beaver?
Dolores (MadCow57)?
She was definitely alive as of mid-2017.
Email to her has not bounced in the past year.
But she has not made a guest appearance in this thread,
nor I think any since AOL shut off newsgroup access.

Kara
2019-07-01 21:20:40 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the venerable Mr. Beaver?
Not to mention the odd, low-profile lurker.

Decades I tell you ... decades!
Bermuda999
2019-08-15 00:35:30 UTC
Has it been confirmed that Roy Lieberman/NEWS/Rob Petrie has taken a dirt nap?
David Carson
2019-08-15 02:55:24 UTC
Post by Bermuda999
Post by Kara
Post by Michael OConnor
Is there anybody still around from the old a.o crew who hasn't made a special guest appearance in this thread with the exception of the venerable Mr. Beaver?
Not to mention the odd, low-profile lurker.
Decades I tell you ... decades!
Has it been confirmed that Roy Lieberman/NEWS/Rob Petrie has taken a dirt nap?
He was alive as of 1 January 2017. That was about a year after he
disappeared from here.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com