Stephanie Gorman and Leave it to Beaver Question
w***@radonedesigns.com
2015-07-19 17:30:33 UTC
I was reading a usenet post regarding Stephanie Gorman. As you know,
the girl was murdered at 16 and the crime was never solved. I also
heard she was in a "Leave it to Beaver" episode. I saw the episode
she was in titled "Beaver's Autobiography." According to the show's
end credits her character, Betsy, was played by ANNETTE Gorman.
According to
Imdb.com Annette and Stephanie are two different people. Both are
given credit for the role of Betsy on the "Beaver" episode.
However, Annette appears to be very much alive and has several screen
credits, including a "Mr. Ed" episode to her credit. It could be that
she may have been Stephanie's older sister. Needless to say, the
murder of Stephanie Gorman is a sad story. However, she may have not
been the one who appeared in the "Leave it to Beaver" (episode
208--"Beaver's Autobiography")
I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this issue.
I knew Stephanie Gorman. I had a crush on her in High School when i was attending Fairfax and she went to Hami. I've been to her house and really, she was such a sweet girl.

When I went away to Prep School in 64/66 I used to call an old girlfriend Jessica Ellison and it was then, while I was at school that i found out that Stephanie had been murdered.

This saddens me, even to this day.

Fact of the matter is, she is NOT Betsy in the L2B 'Autobiography' episode. Sorry.

I miss Stephanie to this day.

marcus
2015-07-19 18:23:08 UTC
"Leave It To Beaver" is in my Top Ten TV shows of all time. Being the same age as "The Beaver" I identified with him. The school scenes during elementary school mirrored what I experienced at my school.

In retrospect, I've noticed that, save for the episode where Beaver gives himself a haircut and wears a hat during the school choir Christmas concert, there is no Christmas show in the series. Also, although many of the plots take place on weekends, including Sundays, there are no references to going to church.

This is quite odd, considering that most family-oriented comedies of that era (e.g. Danny Thomas, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith) have references to church.

I guess the Cleaver family was not very religious.

Or maybe they were Unitarian Universalists. ;-)
Sarah Ehrett
2015-07-19 20:12:31 UTC
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:23:08 -0700 (PDT), marcus <***@yahoo.com>

One long wet fart.
c***@aol.com
2015-07-19 21:42:17 UTC
I liked it because it was just like me!!!

You're so clueless you don't even realize what you're writing.

One big long messy fart, indeed!
marcus
2015-07-20 01:50:16 UTC
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:23:08 -0700 (PDT), marcus <>
One long wet fart.
Was that a comment on an entirely innocent post I made about the Cleavers' religiosity or lack thereof?

Or was it some type of self-confession on your part?
Sarah Ehrett
2015-07-20 02:43:54 UTC
Post by marcus
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:23:08 -0700 (PDT), marcus <>
One long wet fart.
Was that a comment on an entirely innocent post I made about the Cleavers' religiosity or lack thereof?
I rarely comment on anyone's religion or lack of for either real peoples or
TV's Beavers and Cleavers. But to make a point, how do you *know* the
Cleavers didn't go to church? The Catholics could go to Friday Mass. All
my buds and their families went Friday night so the weekend was free for
hell raising and snot slingin'.
Come on marcus, you already know I think you're one long wet fart.
marcus
2015-07-21 00:03:20 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
I rarely comment on anyone's religion or lack of for either real peoples or
TV's Beavers and Cleavers. But to make a point, how do you *know* the
Cleavers didn't go to church? The Catholics could go to Friday Mass. All
my buds and their families went Friday night so the weekend was free for
hell raising and snot slingin'.
Sarah, I would like to remind you that we are talking about fictitious characters. so, of course I don't know if the Cleavers went to church or not.

However, during that late 50s/early 60s era, writers of programs like that usually had their TV families going to church and at least one or two programs with a Christmas theme or backdrop.

I just find it odd that Leave It To Beaver didn't.

Didn't stop my enjoyment of the program. Ward Cleaver is the greatest TV show Dad of all time.
Sarah Ehrett
2015-07-21 01:10:43 UTC
Post by marcus
Post by Sarah Ehrett
I rarely comment on anyone's religion or lack of for either real peoples or
TV's Beavers and Cleavers. But to make a point, how do you *know* the
Cleavers didn't go to church? The Catholics could go to Friday Mass. All
my buds and their families went Friday night so the weekend was free for
hell raising and snot slingin'.
Sarah, I would like to remind you that we are talking about fictitious characters. so, of course I don't know if the Cleavers went to church or not.
But you presumed to know ..... " although many of the plots take place on
I preferred Alex Stone. :)
David Carson
2015-07-21 20:08:19 UTC
Post by marcus
However, during that late 50s/early 60s era, writers of programs like that usually had their TV families going to church and at least one or two programs with a Christmas theme or backdrop.
I just find it odd that Leave It To Beaver didn't.
Didn't stop my enjoyment of the program. Ward Cleaver is the greatest TV show Dad of all time.
They occasionally talked _about_ going to church or Sunday School, and
at least once, it was implied that they attended weekly. Wally wanted
to buy a car, and part of his argument was that he could take the
family to church in case Ward's car broke down. I can remember a few
times when Beaver expressed surprise at Wally or one of his friends
looking well-dressed and well-groomed when they weren't even at church
or nothin'.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
marcus
Now, I do recall that. I stand corrected on that account, but still no family Christmas show.
Charles Richmond
2015-07-22 19:01:00 UTC
Post by marcus
Post by Sarah Ehrett
[...]
I agree. Ward Cleaver is the greatest TV dad of all time. Hugh Beaumont was
an ordained minister, so that might account for his usually patient demeanor
with the kids.

And Wally and the Beaver *did* go to Sunday school. Just watch the episoded
"Tenting Tonight", for example. (Season 1, Episode 29)
numerist at aquaporin4 dot com
b***@yahoo.com
2018-04-18 13:08:16 UTC
I think you're wrong I did remember it episode where they talked about Beaver going to Sunday school check it out can't give you the exact one but I do remember it
Charles Richmond
2018-04-18 14:17:58 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
I think you're wrong I did remember it episode where they talked about Beaver going to Sunday school check it out can't give you the exact one but I do remember it
Beaver and Wally were dressed up to go to Sunday school close tro the
end of "Tenting Tonight", Season 1, Episode 29. Beaver was returning
home from Sunday school in "Beaver's Bad Day", Season 1, Episode 34.
There may have been other episodes that included going to Sunday school.
numerist at aquaporin4 dot com
r***@gmail.com
2019-03-12 12:39:41 UTC
Destroyed started about the girl in beavers autobiography who was she????
r***@gmail.com
2019-03-12 12:41:43 UTC
I know this is old but I just bought the episode on beavers autobiography and they give credit to Stephanie????