The Austin bomber, 24, blew himself up
2018-03-21 13:27:36 UTC
During a car chase with police, the Austin bomber blew himself up real good with one of his bombs and died. The media has not yet identified this person by name, nor do I feel it is ever necessary to reveal this person's identity or agenda in order to give them some sort of credibility. The less I know about this monster, the better, other than the fact that he is dead. The nightmare in Austin is over, provided this person did not send out any more bombs.
A Friend
2018-03-21 14:13:02 UTC
And provided that he didn't have accomplices.
That Derek
2018-03-21 19:48:47 UTC
"He blew his mind out in a car ... " -- The Beatles

"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you ... and blow you up real good!" -- SCTV
Michael OConnor
2018-03-21 20:18:41 UTC
"He blew his mind out in a car ... " -- The Beatles
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you ... and blow you up real good!" -- SCTV
I made the SCTV reference there with the "blew himself up real good"; glad somebody caught it. I'm sure it's not the most tasteful thing to post right now, but what the hell, I'm always in the mood for a little Farm Film Celebrity Blow Up:

Larc
2018-03-22 05:06:09 UTC
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 06:27:36 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor <***@aol.com> wrote:

| During a car chase with police, the Austin bomber blew himself up real good with one of his bombs and died. The media has not yet identified this person by name, nor do I feel it is ever necessary to reveal this person's identity or agenda in order to give them some sort of credibility. The less I know about this monster, the better, other than the fact that he is dead. The nightmare in Austin is over, provided this person did not send out any more bombs.

He's been identified now. They were apparently able to scrape together enough of him
to do that.

Larc
Sanford Manley
2018-03-22 08:04:20 UTC
Post by Larc
| During a car chase with police, the Austin bomber blew himself up real good with one of his bombs and died. The media has not yet identified this person by name, nor do I feel it is ever necessary to reveal this person's identity or agenda in order to give them some sort of credibility. The less I know about this monster, the better, other than the fact that he is dead. The nightmare in Austin is over, provided this person did not send out any more bombs.
He's been identified now. They were apparently able to scrape together enough of him
to do that.
Larc
They knew who he was a day before they apprehended him.
They just had to locate him.
c***@aol.com
2018-03-22 14:02:33 UTC
I always appreciate when one of these nutbags kills himself saving the taxpayers a shit load of money.
l***@yahoo.com
2018-03-23 21:41:38 UTC
On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 9:27:42 AM UTC-4, Michael OConnor wrote:

"The less I know about this monster, the better, other than the fact that he is dead."

Um, I don't think that's a wise attitude. I heard about the following on the radio this morning.

"Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt was part of Christian survivalist group that discussed 'dangerous' chemicals"

(with 76 comments)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/austin-bomber-mark-anthony-conditt-texas-christian-righteous-invasion-truth-a8267976.html

Chris Baynes, Mythili Sampathkumar

First paragraphs:

The Austin bomber was involved in a teenage Christian “survivalist” group that discussed weapons and dangerous chemicals, according to a childhood friend.

Mark Anthony Conditt reportedly took part in a conservative outdoors club called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), in which home-schooled young people studied the Bible and were taught gun skills.

Police in Texas are hunting for clues about what drove the 23-year-old to embark on a bombing spree which killed two people and terrorised the state capital for weeks.

"He and and his family are as normal as I’ve seen anybody," Jeff Reeb, a neighbour of the Conditt family in Pflugerville for approximately 17 years, told The Independent...

(snip)

"Do We Cover White Christian Attackers Differently? Discuss How We Reported on the Austin Bombings"
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/23/reader-center/austin-bombings-coverage.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/22/austin-bomber-challenged-young-man-or-terrorist/?utm_term=.9638ca666fbb

Excerpt:

...“The definition of a terrorist is more the mind-set of the person who committed the crime,” Abbott, a Republican, said. “Was his goal to terrorize, or did he have some other type of agenda? Obviously, there was terror.”

This hesitancy to describe the suspect as a terrorist angered many on social media who believed it presented a double standard. Would Conditt be characterized in the same way if he had been a person of color, such as a black or Muslim man?

“Once, before I die, I’d like to hear a cop or prosecutor declare — and mainstream media report — that the confession of a black- or brown-skinned suspect to a crime of violence is ‘the outcry of a very challenged young man, talking about challenges that led him to this point,’ ” tweeted David Simon, a writer and producer known for the television series “The Wire.”

“Murdering multiple people and being called ‘challenged’ is the height of white privilege,” tweeted comedian, actor and writer Kumail Nanjiani, who is of Pakistani heritage. “If this terrorist bomber was a brown guy, my mom wouldn’t be able to leave her house for a week.”...

One sarcastic comment after the article:

"So...this radicalised religious extremist with an apocalyptic mindset got together with other like-minded zealots for weapons training? Cool. Definitely not a terrorist."