Alan Bruce, by his real good friend's pit bulls, 56
2019-10-30 18:31:37 UTC
"... a month ago Wright's dogs got loose and attacked a young girl
near the fire station.

"Wright said he wasn't home during the time of the attack and thought
he had the dogs on leashes in his yard."

"And then Wednesday, police say the dogs got loose again."

https://www.kxii.com/content/news/Man-mauled-by-dogs-in-Bennington--561660591.html

Man dies after dog attack in Bennington
Updated: Tue 11:08 AM, Oct 01, 2019

BENNINGTON, Okla. (KXII) - A Bennington man has died after police say
he was attacked by dogs in a Bryan County neighborhood.

Bennington police were called to Nail Street near North Ralls Street
Saturday following an attack from two pit bulls and a mutt [pit bull
mix].

"Whenever me and my other officer arrived on scene, it was gorey,
horrific. The worst I've ever seen," said Bennington Police Chief
James Heil.

Alan Bruce was flown to a Plano hospital in critical condition. He
died just before 11 a.m. Monday.

Heil said when he and other officers arrived, the dogs came after
them. Heil shot and killed the lead pitbull, causing the other two to
run away.

Wright says he wasn't home during the time of the attack and thought
he had the dogs on leashes in his yard.

"You're dang right I'm sorry. Hooty (Alan Bruce) was a friend of mine,
man. He was a real good friend of mine. They (Bruce's family) know I
would never want something like this to happen to anybody," said
Wright.

Heil said a month ago Wright's dogs got loose and attacked a young
girl near the fire station. She was taken to the ER as a precaution
but wasn't seriously hurt.

These same dogs also attacked 14-year-old Zachary Burkhalter on his
way home from school on Thursday.

"I was just walking home from school, like just a normal day. Out of
nowhere, all these dogs just came up on me and started biting at me,"
said Burkhalter. "As soon as I left, they all came up. I had my
baseball bat this time. I hit them and stuff, and they bit me right on
my leg."

Heil says for now the dogs are still at Wright's house, and it will be
up to the District Attorney if he'll face charges.

However, Burkhalter and his mother Amber Davis want something done
now.

"I just hope that they get removed, or put up or something. We do not
need that," said Burkhalter.

"The dogs need to die. They need to be killed because it's a
continuous thing. It's not like it happened, one time, a freak
accident. It's happened multiple times to multiple kids, and now
there's a death in Bennington," said Davis.

Bennington City Council called an emergency meeting Saturday night to
discuss the use of force. Heil says he was cleared for protecting the
officers and the man who was attacked.

Bennington police will continue investigating.

-------------
https://www.kxii.com/content/news/Another-dog-attack-victim-comes-forward-562117921.html

4th Bennington dog attack victim comes forward
By Stan Smith
Updated: Fri 3:56 PM, Oct 04, 2019

BENNINGTON, Okla. (KXII) - A fourth person has come forward saying
they were also attacked by the same dogs that killed a Bennington man
over the weekend.

Jojo Robbins was attacked a little over a year ago while he was
working at Michael Wright's house.

Robbins says Wright knew the dogs were dangerous but didn't do
anything about them until it was too late.

"I hate to see the boy go to the pen for a long time over this
incident but something does need to be happening," said Robbins.

Robbins dates Wrights' sister and says he was repairing a dryer at
Wright's house when he was bitten in the leg by one of the dogs.

"I was holding it down, keeping it from biting me. It and another dog,
there was another dog was coming at me too. I held them down, I ain't
gonna let a dog hurt me," said Robbins.

Robbins is one of three people who claim they were attacked by
Wright's pitbulls before the dogs killed a man over the weekend.

Bennington police say a month ago, a young girl was attacked outside
the fire station in town.

Last Thursday, a teenage boy was bitten on his leg walking home from
school.

Saturday, two pitbulls and one mutt mix mauled and killed 56-year-old
Bruce Allen on Wright's property.

"It's sad it happened. I knew him, he was my neighbor. Now his wife
ain't got a husband," said Robbins.

And then Wednesday, police say the dogs got loose again.

"He lets the dog get that far from the road. The dogs should be put
down," Robbins said.

Wright told News 12 on Wednesday one of his dogs took off in the
morning when he let it out to go to the bathroom.

Police tracked it down about an hour later and returned it, along with
a ticket to Wright for allowing an animal to run at large.

The dogs are being held at Wright's home in Bennington.

"Instead of having a kid out there running the streets like that,
that's the same thing. That dog is your kid. You need to take care of
your animal. If you can't take care of your animal, you got a problem
because you can't take care of your kid either," said Robbins.

Bennington Police Chief James Heil shot and killed one of those dogs
after the deadly attack.

As for the other two, he says the town does have a leash law but they
don't financial resources to confiscate the killer dogs.

Heil says he plans to submit a case to the District Attorney for
manslaughter charges against Wright.

However, a representative from District Attorney Emily Redman's office
says they haven't seen that paperwork yet.
Kenny McCormack
2019-10-31 00:31:03 UTC
Post by David Carson
"... a month ago Wright's dogs got loose and attacked a young girl
near the fire station.
"Wright said he wasn't home during the time of the attack and thought
he had the dogs on leashes in his yard."
"And then Wednesday, police say the dogs got loose again."
This guy must be playing: Who let the dogs out?
24/7 on all his devices.
--
When someone tells me he/she is a Christian I check to see if I'm
still in posession of my wallet.