Yellow Submarine animator Ron Campbell, 81
Lenona
2021-01-24 13:06:24 UTC
I wonder just how many animators there were?

Before that, he directed 9 episodes of the TV 1960s series The Beatles.

And I never knew there was a TV version of Krazy Kat!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1054431/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Campbell_(animator)

https://bestclassicbands.com/ron-campbell-beatles-animation-obituary-1-23-21/

First paragraphs:

Ron Campbell, the director for much of the Saturday morning Beatles cartoon series and an animator on the Beatles film, Yellow Submarine, died on January 22, 2021. News of his passing at age 81, in Phoenix, Ariz., where he lived with his wife, Engelina, was announced by Scott Segelbaum, his longtime business partner.

Campbell was born on Dec. 26, 1939, in Seymore, a small town in the Australian state of Victoria, educated at Swinburne Art Institute in Melbourne. He began his animation career in the late 50s, soon working on such favorites as Beetle Bailey and Krazy Kat.

He made his big mark when he directed the successful TV cartoon series The Beatles, which aired from 1965-1969. The show featured the Beatles’ own music with actors voicing the characters of John, Paul, George and Ringo. Most of the episodes were produced at Artransa Park Studios in Sydney, Australia.

The series debuted on Sept. 25, 1965, and was an immediate hit in the U.S. on ABC....

(snip)

2021-01-24 15:11:13 UTC
Post by Lenona
He made his big mark when he directed the successful TV cartoon
series The Beatles, which aired from 1965-1969. The show featured the
Beatles’ own music with actors voicing the characters of John, Paul,
George and Ringo. Most of the episodes were produced at Artransa Park
Studios in Sydney, Australia.
The series debuted on Sept. 25, 1965, and was an immediate hit in the
U.S. on ABC..
As I recall, The Beatles was not only the highest-rated Saturday
morning cartoon show on U.S. TV when it premiered, it was the
highest-rated show generally, including prime time weeknights.

Paul Frees voiced George and John while Lance Percival did Paul and
Ringo.