The Unlikely Obituary of Rick Stein
Add Reply
D.D.Degg
2018-10-07 20:17:40 UTC
Rick Stein, 71, of Wilmington was reported missing and presumed dead
on September 27, 2018 when investigators say the single-engine plane
he was piloting, The Northrop, suddenly lost communication with
air traffic control and disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean off the
coast of Rehoboth Beach. Philadelphia police confirm Stein had been
a patient at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he was being
treated for a rare form of cancer. Hospital spokesman Walter Heisenberg
says doctors from Stein’s surgical team went to visit him on rounds
when they discovered his room was empty. Security footage shows Stein
leaving the building at approximately 3:30 Thursday afternoon, but
then the video feed mysteriously cuts off...

“The sea was angry that day,” said NTSB lead investigator Greg Fields
in a press conference. “We have no idea where Mr. Stein may be, but
any hope for a rescue is unlikely.”

Stein’s location isn’t the only mystery.
It seems no one in his life knew his exact occupation.

His daughter, Alex Walsh of Wilmington appeared shocked by the news.
“My dad couldn’t even fly a plane. He owned restaurants in Boulder,
Colorado and knew every answer on Jeopardy.
He did the New York Times crossword in pen...

Stein’s brother, Jim echoed similar confusion. “Rick and I owned
Stuart Kingston Galleries together. He was a jeweler and oriental rug
dealer, not a pilot.”
Meanwhile, Missel Leddington of Charlottesville claimed her brother
was a cartoonist and freelance television critic for the New Yorker.

David Walsh, Stein’s son-in-law, said he was certain Stein was a
political satirist for the Huffington Post while grandsons Drake
and Sam said they believed Stein wrote an internet sports column
for ESPN covering Duke basketball, FC Barcelona soccer, the Denver
Broncos and the Tour de France. Stein’s granddaughter Evangeline
claims he was a YouTube sensation who had just signed a seven-figure
deal with Netflix...

The entire unusual obituary is at
https://www.chandlerfuneralhome.com/obituaries/rick-stein/
MJ Emigh
2018-10-07 22:27:07 UTC
Hmmmm......I thought that after being blacklisted in the McCarthy era he turned to education, becoming president of a southwestern university. With seventeen patents under his belt, he retired to work on self-charging automobile engine that required a perfected perpetual motion machine. In his spare time he produced several Oscar winning films, quite a few by way of seance advice from John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, and Don Siegel (who was filling in for the drunken Orson Welles).
p***@gmail.com
2018-10-08 02:08:27 UTC
"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
d***@gmail.com
2018-10-09 18:23:35 UTC
"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

George - THE FAKE MARINE BIOLOGIST. LOLOLOL