Michele Carey, 75, actress (El Dorado, Live a Little Love a Little)
2018-12-02 17:17:39 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/MicheleCareyactress/photos/a.669024083230015/1416738371791912/
Michele Carey
12/01/2018 2:08 PM

Today I have the saddest task, one I had never hoped to do during my lifetime, and that is to report to the many friends and fans of Michele Carey that what you have read online is terribly true.

Michele passed away on November 21st with her family by her side at the tender age of 75.

As many of you know, after leaving Hollywood in 1986, Michele kept a very private life far removed from the spotlight. Throughout her wonderful life, Michele was a beautiful soul who loved life and spending time with her close friends and family.

Today we are deeply saddened by her sudden and unexpected passing but we rejoice knowing that she lived her life to the fullest. RIP my dear Michele, you will be sorely missed by many, many people across the globe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Carey
Michele Carey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michele Carey (born February 26, 1943) is a retired American actress who was best known for her role as Josephine "Joey" MacDonald in the 1966 film El Dorado. She appeared in movies in the 1960s and 1970s, and guest-starred in episodes of several television series.

Life and career

Carey was born on February 26, 1943, in Annapolis, Maryland, where her father was working as a wrestling instructor at the U.S. Naval Academy. Her family soon moved to Rochester, Minnesota, so that her father could continue his medical studies. At an early age Michele proved to be a piano prodigy; she won a national contest at the Chicago Music Festival at age 13, and performed with the Rochester Symphony Orchestra.

Carey's family eventually moved to Fort Collins, Colorado, where her father practiced as a physician. While attending Fort Collins High School she was briefly married and had a son. After graduating she was signed by the Powers agency, and moved to Los Angeles in 1964 with her son to pursue a modeling career.

Carey enjoyed success as a model, but was more interested in acting. Aided by her beauty and trademark long, wild hair, she soon caught the eye of Hollywood producers. In 1964 she made her first television appearances.

The following year she did more television work, had a small part in the kitsch classic How to Stuff a Wild Bikini (1965), and acted in her first major film, the 1966 Howard Hawks-produced and directed Western El Dorado, with a memorable role as high-spirited troublemaker Josephine "Joey" MacDonald.

Carey went on to co-star in films such as Live a Little, Love a Little (1968), The Sweet Ride (1968), and Dirty Dingus Magee (1970), in which she played an anachronistically miniskirted Indian girl.

On television she appeared in guest-starring roles on episodes of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1966), Mission Impossible (1969), It Takes a Thief (1970), and three episodes of The Wild Wild West ("The Night of the Feathered Fury", 1967 and the two-part "The Night of the Winged Terror" 1969), the December 1969 episode "Tug-of-War" on The F.B.I., Starsky and Hutch and Alias Smith and Jones. Carey played the title role in the 1972 Gunsmoke episode "Tara", appeared in the second The Six Million Dollar Man pilot film (1973) and provided the recurring female computer voice in A Man Called Sloane (1979–80).

Fading from view in the late 1970s, Carey staged a brief comeback in the mid-'80s in such films as In the Shadow of Kilimanjaro (1986). She also appeared as Crystal in a 1982 episode of the television series The Fall Guy.

Carey married businessman Fred G. Strebel in 1999, and resided with him in Hillsborough and Rancho Mirage. Strebel died on December 28, 2011.
p***@gmail.com
2018-12-03 21:39:12 UTC
Post by Diner
[...]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[...]
Her role in El Dorado was relatively small but memorable. She's the one who shoots and partially paralyzes John Wayne because he killed her brother (the extenuating circumstances of which were unknown to her then). Later she flirts with James Caan after they have a roll in the hay (literally).