Mak Parhar, probable stupidcide, 48
2021-11-11 14:25:24 UTC
<https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/mak-parhar-dead-at-48-1.6238751>

COVID-19 denier and conspiracy theorist Mak Parhar dead at 48

Parhar's court dates for violating COVID-19 public health orders were
postponed because he was too sick
CBC News · Posted: Nov 05, 2021 3:51 PM PT | Last Updated: November 6

Prominent COVID-19 denier Mak Parhar, who gained a profile in both the
Flat Earth conspiracy community and anti-mask movement, died at his
home in New Westminster, B.C., on Thursday.

The 48-year-old's cause of death is not known. A spokesperson for the
B.C. Coroners Service said a coroner's investigation, which could take
months, will be conducted.

Parhar has been in the news the past two years for spreading COVID-19
falsehoods, operating his yoga studio in contravention of public
health orders and being arrested and charged for disobeying quarantine
laws.

In a rambling video from Nov. 3, Parhar said he had recently taken
ivermectin, a drug that is falsely touted by anti-vaxxers as an
off-label treatment for COVID-19, even though he didn't believe
COVID-19 was real.

"... That horse parasite remover? So I did take that and I feel like
40 to 50 per cent better. But I am a little bit down right now," he
said in the video.

Ivermectin is most commonly used as a livestock dewormer and has been
proven effective in treating parasites, not viruses. Health
authorities in the U.S. and Canada have issued warnings about taking
it for COVID-19.

An earlier video Parhar shot in late October shows him coughing and
complaining about being sick, but denying he has what he calls
"CONVID."

"I'm jacked up on extra strength Advil and Tylenol for the last two
days, that's the only way I can function. If I'm not on Advil or
Tylenol, I'm lying in bed," he said.

Parhar's notoriety as a conspiracy theorist grew when he repeatedly
violated Canada's Quarantine Act after returning to B.C. from a U.S.
Flat Earth conference in the fall of 2020 - something he bragged about
to a crowd rallying in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery.

He was arrested in November 2020 and was scheduled to appear in court
last week, but the dates were postponed. The Public Prosecution
Service of Canada said Parhar informed the Crown he was too sick to
start the trial.

In April 2021, Parhar's lawsuit accusing the B.C. government of
kidnapping and terrorism for arresting him was thrown out of court for
being "patently absurd and nonsensical."

The City of Delta suspended the business licence of Parhar's yoga
studio in March 2020 after he made false claims that hot yoga kills
coronavirus, while encouraging students to show up for class despite
public health orders at the time restricting gatherings.
A Friend
If it kills parasites, it looks like it worked.
Adam H. Kerman