William Morgan Sheppard, actor, 86
2019-01-10 00:00:42 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/william-morgan-sheppard-of-star-trek-fame-dies-at-age-86-son-mark-confirms
William Morgan Sheppard of 'Star Trek' fame dies at age 86, son Mark
confirms

Actor William Morgan Sheppard, known for his work on “Star Trek,” has died
at age 86 according to his son, fellow actor Mark Sheppard.

Mark, known for his work on “Doctor Who” and “Supernatural” revealed news
of his father’s death in an emotional tribute on Instagram. The image
shows his father laying in a hospital bed with family by his side.

“We went to spend some time with my father today. Though he couldn’t
speak, we held hands, he laughed and was so happy to see us. We left and
came home. A good day. He was rushed to hospital and passed at 6:30pm, my
mother by his side,” Mark wrote. “I am so grateful that he didn’t have to
suffer any longer. Thank you for all your kind thoughts, love and
prayers.”

As Deadline reports, William Sheppard got his start in his London home at
the Royal Shakespeare Company where he was an Associate Artist for 12
years before moving over to Broadway. However, fans typically recognize
him for his work as Dr. Ira Graves in the 1989 episode of “Star Trek: The
Next Generation” titled “The Schizoid Man.” He would continue with the
franchise with appearances in spinoffs such as “Star Trek: Voyager,” the
film “Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country” and the 2009 “Star Trek”
movie.

He continued working as an actor, with credits as late as 2017. His recent
2011 appearance in “Doctor Who” was a bit of a family affair. He played
the older version of Canton Delaware III in the time-travel series while
Mark played the younger version of the character. His son’s Instagram post
did not specify a cause of death.
David Carson
2019-01-10 00:08:44 UTC
Post by David Carson
As Deadline reports, William Sheppard got his start in his London home at
the Royal Shakespeare Company where he was an Associate Artist for 12
years before moving over to Broadway. However, fans typically recognize
him for his work as Dr. Ira Graves in the 1989 episode of “Star Trek: The
Next Generation” titled “The Schizoid Man.”
Graves is a cybernetics scientist who, while dying, transfers his mind
into Data, which makes Data act completely differently.
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
David Samuel Barr
2019-01-10 07:37:17 UTC
Post by David Carson
[...]
And some fans remember him primarily as Blank Reg in
the 1987-88 Max Headroom TV series, which predated
his ST appearances.
Louis Epstein
2019-01-13 21:16:14 UTC
Post by David Samuel Barr
[...]