Barry Crimmins, 64, political satirist/activist
That Derek
2018-03-01 15:57:47 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/barry-crimmins-dies-at-64-1089790

Barry Crimmins, Comic and Political Satirist, Dies at 64

7:38 AM PST 3/1/2018
by Ryan Parker

"He would want everyone to know that he cared deeply about mankind and wants you to carry on the good fight," his wife, Helen, said.

Comic and political satirist Barry Crimmins died Wednesday, his wife, Helen announced Thursday via social media.

He was 64.

"Barry passed peacefully yesterday with Bobcat [Goldthwait] and I. He would want everyone to know that he cared deeply about mankind and wants you to carry on the good fight. Peace," Helen Crimmins wrote.

Goldthwait directed the 2015 documentary Call Me Lucky, which focused on the life and career of Crimmins.

Crimmins was also an avid crusader against images of child sexual abuse on the Internet and in the 1990s, called for an investigation into service providers over the issue.

More to come...

l***@yahoo.com
2018-03-03 21:44:46 UTC
I knew him when he lived in my neighborhood, many years ago. He was kind enough to praise my work at one point. (No, I don't do stand-up.)

R.I.P.

Lenona.