Jimmy Carter Hospitalized Again
2019-11-12 02:49:56 UTC
Jimmy Carter hospitalized to relieve pressure on his brain due to
recent falls

By Michael Brice-Saddler

November 11, 2019 at 9:24 p.m. EST

Former president Jimmy Carter was hospitalized Monday for a procedure
to relieve pressure on his brain, the Carter Center said in a
statement.

The pressure was triggered by bleeding in the brain caused by recent
falls, and the procedure is scheduled for Tuesday morning the center
said. He was admitted to Emory University Hospital on Monday evening
and was resting comfortably with his wife, Rosalynn Carter, the center
said.

Last month, Carter was hospitalized with a minor pelvic fracture after
falling in his Georgia home. The 95-year-old fell on Oct. 6, just days
after his birthday, and required stitches above his left brow.

In 2015, Carter announced that doctors had discovered a form of
melanoma that spread to his brain.

"I just thought I had a few weeks left, but I was surprisingly at
ease," Carter said at a news conference that August. "I've had an
exciting and adventurous and gratifying existence."

He received his first radiation treatment at 90. Four months later, he
was cancer-free.

Carter, the 39th president, has lived longer than any other former
president in U.S. history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/11/jimmy-carter-hospital
ized-relieve-pressure-his-brain-due-recent-falls/

https://tinyurl.com/yzjqlhjt
martinjsxx
2019-11-13 19:26:06 UTC
Usually these stories where Carter seems done on Monday, he winds up teaching Sunday School six days later.
l***@fl.it
2019-11-13 19:46:07 UTC
On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 11:26:06 -0800 (PST), martinjsxx
Post by martinjsxx
Usually these stories where Carter seems done on Monday, he winds up teaching Sunday School six days later.
One has to hand it to Carter though, as these Christians go, he does
seem to live pretty much what he preaches, most unusual when you think
Jimmy Bakker, the Grahams et al. always ripping people off in the name
of their religion.
d***@gmail.com
2019-11-14 16:56:16 UTC
One has to hand it to Carter though, as these Christians go, he does seem to live pretty much what he preaches, most unusual when you think
Jimmy Bakker, the Grahams et al. always ripping people off in the name of their religion.

Sir, you are a punk.

David Carson
2019-11-13 21:19:39 UTC
Post by martinjsxx
Usually these stories where Carter seems done on Monday, he winds up teaching Sunday School six days later.
He's subject to bouts of malaise.