Heatlhwatch: Mitch McConnell Falls, Injures Shoulder
2019-08-04 20:26:06 UTC
McConnell fractures shoulder in fall at Kentucky home

By Paul Kane August 4 at 3:58 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was briefly hospitalized
after suffering a fractured shoulder from a fall outside his home in
Louisville on Sunday, his office said in a statement.

"This morning, Leader McConnell tripped at home on his outside patio
and suffered a fractured shoulder. He has been treated, released, and
is working from home in Louisville," McConnell spokesman David Popp
said in a statement.

McConnell was in touch with Sens. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) and Rob Portman
(R-Ohio) on Sunday "to express his deepest sympathies for the people of
El Paso and Dayton and discuss the senseless tragedies of this
weekend," the statement said.

McConnell had returned to Kentucky on Friday for what was planned to be
a more than five-week recess. He spent Saturday in Fancy Farm, a small
town in southwest Kentucky that hosts an annual political rally in
which speakers from both parties address a boisterous crowd.

McConnell, 77, is running for a seventh term in the Senate next year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mcconnell-fractures-shoulder-in-
fall-at-kentucky-home/2019/08/04/9f3e9122-b6ef-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_st
ory.html?utm_term=.dfb3f431b39a

https://tinyurl.com/y5z8cd4t
FPP
2019-08-04 20:38:01 UTC
Post by A Friend
McConnell fractures shoulder in fall at Kentucky home
"Really bad news! McConnell fractures shoulder at Kentucky home. Too bad!"

Did I sound presidential enough?
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
D.D.Degg
2019-08-04 21:07:19 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by A Friend
McConnell fractures shoulder in fall at Kentucky home
"Really bad news! McConnell fractures shoulder at Kentucky home. Too bad!"
Did I sound presidential enough?
There are calls for McConnell to reconvene the Senate
and pass the House bills on gun background checks.

Also his speeches in Kentucky are being interrupted
with jeers of "Moscow Mitch" by protestors.

A fractured shoulder solves both problems,
Mitch will be laid up at home for the August recess.
Bermuda999
I already read someone call for a release of his x-rays. They said it would be nice to think that some higher power tripped him or gave him a nudge of just desserts, but they were skeptical. Your analysis is on target
Michael OConnor
2019-08-05 03:11:58 UTC
You think somebody did a Harry Reid on him?
David Carson
2019-08-05 13:37:38 UTC
Post by D.D.Degg
Post by FPP
Post by A Friend
McConnell fractures shoulder in fall at Kentucky home
"Really bad news! McConnell fractures shoulder at Kentucky home. Too bad!"
Did I sound presidential enough?
There are calls for McConnell to reconvene the Senate
and pass the House bills on gun background checks.
Also his speeches in Kentucky are being interrupted
with jeers of "Moscow Mitch" by protestors.
A fractured shoulder solves both problems,
Mitch will be laid up at home for the August recess.
You remind me of my neighbor's little dog, who yip-yaps at me when I go
into my yard. I bet he believes that when I go back into my house, it was
because he scared me away.
D.D.Degg
2019-08-05 15:14:05 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by D.D.Degg
Post by FPP
Post by A Friend
McConnell fractures shoulder in fall at Kentucky home
"Really bad news! McConnell fractures shoulder at Kentucky home. Too bad!"
Did I sound presidential enough?
There are calls for McConnell to reconvene the Senate
and pass the House bills on gun background checks.
Also his speeches in Kentucky are being interrupted
with jeers of "Moscow Mitch" by protestors.
A fractured shoulder solves both problems,
Mitch will be laid up at home for the August recess.
You remind me of my neighbor's little dog, who yip-yaps at me when I go
into my yard. I bet he believes that when I go back into my house, it was
because he scared me away.
Like President Trump after the Parkland shooting...
Big talk about gun regulation and other efforts,
but once he had to actually face the NRA bulldog
he ran back in his house hiding from the barking.
David Carson
2019-08-05 19:46:09 UTC
On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 08:14:05 -0700 (PDT), "D.D.Degg"
Post by D.D.Degg
Post by David Carson
Post by D.D.Degg
There are calls for McConnell to reconvene the Senate
and pass the House bills on gun background checks.
Also his speeches in Kentucky are being interrupted
with jeers of "Moscow Mitch" by protestors.
A fractured shoulder solves both problems,
Mitch will be laid up at home for the August recess.
You remind me of my neighbor's little dog, who yip-yaps at me when I go
into my yard. I bet he believes that when I go back into my house, it was
because he scared me away.
Like President Trump after the Parkland shooting...
Big talk about gun regulation and other efforts,
but once he had to actually face the NRA bulldog
he ran back in his house hiding from the barking.
You were talking about Mitch McConnell supposedly faking an injury to
get out of going to the office because of some hecklers. Still want to
talk about that? No? Whatever.

super70s
2019-08-05 02:15:45 UTC
Try putting something in about how the Democrats are responsible.
RH Draney
Zero in better than that...blame Hillary, or Obama....r
Alfalfa Bill
2019-08-05 03:27:49 UTC
Post by A Friend
[...]
Has anyone asked whether Putin has expressed his sympathy yet?