OT Healthwatch: Pat Sajak, _M_RG_NCY _NT_ST-N_L BL_CK_G_ S_RG_RY
That Derek
2019-11-09 04:36:09 UTC
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pat-sajak-undergoes-emergency-surgery-vanna-white-to-host-wheel-of-fortune-in-his-place-012226000.html

Pat Sajak undergoes emergency surgery, Vanna White to host 'Wheel of Fortune' in his place

Taryn Ryder

Yahoo TV
November 8, 2019

Pat Sajak, the longtime host of Wheel of Fortune, underwent a successful emergency surgery for a blocked intestine. The show made the announcement on its social media channels Friday. Vanna White will host in Sajak's absence.

"Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine," the statement read. "He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host."

Sajak, 73, was photographed Monday appearing to be in good health as he celebrated producer and friend Harry Friedman, who received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. White, 63, and Alex Trebek, 79, were also in attendance at the ceremony. The Jeopardy! host has been dealing with health issues of his own as he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Sajak and White have been part of the syndicated version of Wheel of Fortune since 1983. In their three-plus decades of co-hosting the show, White told Fox News they have only gotten in one fight — over a hot dog.

"Believe it or not, Pat Sajak and I have only had one argument in 36 years and that was over putting ketchup on a hotdog," she said, explaining her go-to condiments are ketchup and mustard, while Sajak strictly uses ketchup. "I agree it is [weird]," she added.

Wheel of Fortune is the longest-running syndicated game show in the U.S. with the show taping it's 7,000th episode last year. In May 2019, Sajak was honored with the Guinness World Records title for having the longest career as a game show host for the same show surpassing The Price Is Right’s Bob Barker. Season 37 of Wheel of Fortune premiered in September.
That Derek
2019-11-09 04:38:25 UTC
Vanna, I'd like to buy a bowel ...

... Mea cu;pa. It was just sitting there
d***@gmail.com
2019-11-09 14:23:00 UTC
https://www.nature.com/articles/pr200697.pdf?proof=true

It’s necrotizing that kills. I love my autopsy show.
a***@gmail.com
2019-11-09 17:17:25 UTC
thats hilarious
Michael OConnor
2019-11-09 14:54:48 UTC
Post by That Derek
"Believe it or not, Pat Sajak and I have only had one argument in 36 years and that was over putting ketchup on a hotdog," she said, explaining her go-to condiments are ketchup and mustard, while Sajak strictly uses ketchup. "I agree it is [weird]," she added.
I thought Dirty Harry already set the rule that ketchup was an improper condiment for a hot dog:

Louis Epstein
2019-11-09 18:20:12 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by That Derek
"Believe it or not, Pat Sajak and I have only had one argument in 36 years and that was over putting ketchup on a hotdog," she said, explaining her go-to condiments are ketchup and mustard, while Sajak strictly uses ketchup. "I agree it is [weird]," she added.
http://youtu.be/UDi4hiiozeI
Ketchup goes on hamburgers,
mustard goes on hot dogs.
Laws of nature!

-=-=-
Louis Epstein
2019-11-09 18:21:28 UTC
Post by That Derek
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pat-sajak-undergoes-emergency-surgery-vanna-white-to-host-wheel-of-fortune-in-his-place-012226000.html
Pat Sajak undergoes emergency surgery, Vanna White to host 'Wheel of Fortune' in his place
Taryn Ryder
Yahoo TV
November 8, 2019
Pat Sajak, the longtime host of Wheel of Fortune, underwent a successful emergency surgery for a blocked intestine. The show made the announcement on its social media channels Friday. Vanna White will host in Sajak's absence.
"Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine," the statement read. "He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host."
Is White doing double duty or is she doing Sajak's job while someone
else does hers?

-=-=-
David Carson
2019-11-09 20:58:07 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by That Derek
"Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine," the statement read. "He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host."
Is White doing double duty or is she doing Sajak's job while someone
else does hers?
Since the letters don't even need to be turned anymore - all she does is
walk over and touch letters that someone behind the scenes reveals - her
duties could be performed by an inanimate carbon rod.
A Friend
2019-11-09 21:30:02 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by That Derek
"Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent
successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine," the
statement read. "He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting
back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has
stepped in as host."
Is White doing double duty or is she doing Sajak's job while someone
else does hers?
Since the letters don't even need to be turned anymore - all she does is
walk over and touch letters that someone behind the scenes reveals - her
duties could be performed by an inanimate carbon rod.
She actually does light up the letters. There is an insulated surround
around each of the LED screens. The surround contains two wires. When
Vanna presses the surround, the wires make contact and the screen
lights up. (Occasionally this does not work very well.) I think it's
important to the producers than Vanna have a role in the process, and
doesn't just pretend to have one.

The letters can also be lighted remotely, and frequently are.
That Derek
2019-11-10 00:41:54 UTC
It seems Wheel of Fortune host PAT SAJAK underwent emergency intestinal blockage surery.
"Vanna, I'd like to buy a bowel, please"

No, it's all alimentary.
d***@gmail.com
2019-11-10 17:39:24 UTC
"Vanna, I'd like to buy a bowel, please"

No, it's all alimentary.

Derek,

I was hoping for more of leave Brittany alone... in the form of:

LEAVE PAT SAJAK ALONE.