Oldest Actor Actually Acting?
2020-07-18 07:04:52 UTC
We've seen lists of the oldest actors who are still alive...
but what are the greatest ages at which actors have actually performed?

I note that the legendary BBC Radio soap opera The Archers
(about 19250 episodes since 1951) continues to list 101-year-old
June Spencer as an active cast member.

How many have performed on stage,screen,or television older than that?

2020-07-18 07:15:55 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
We've seen lists of the oldest actors who are still alive...
but what are the greatest ages at which actors have actually performed?
I note that the legendary BBC Radio soap opera The Archers
(about 19250 episodes since 1951) continues to list 101-year-old
June Spencer as an active cast member.
How many have performed on stage,screen,or television older than that?
If you can count musicians, organist Rosa Rio was still providing live
accompaniment for silent films at the age of 107....r
That Derek
2020-07-18 12:30:19 UTC
Rosa Rio was a perennial at the annual FOTR/Friends of Old Time Radio convention, where she would regularly perform.

Her stock-in-trade joke when asked about her age was "To me, age is just a number ... and my number is unlisted!"
j***@gmail.com
Johannes Heesters was performing on stage at the age of 108! Last film "Ten" (2011) just months before his death.
Bermuda999
2020-07-20 10:33:49 UTC
Norman LLoyd is 105 years old. His most recent film is Trainwreck (2015). He is still walking the Earth and is available for acting or directing
Louis Epstein
2020-07-20 19:49:20 UTC
Post by Bermuda999
Norman LLoyd is 105 years old. His most recent film is Trainwreck (2015). He
is still walking the Earth and is available for acting or directing
If he last actually performed at 100/101 that's as high as he goes
for the purposes of this query until he gets a new job.

(George Abbott(1887-1995) last directed at 102 and had an active
revival production for which he was making creative decisions when
he died at 107).