Famous Deaths for 22nd November 2018
Add Reply
Famous Deaths | OnThisDay.com
2018-11-22 06:31:52 UTC
1813 - Johann Gottfried Vierling, composer, dies at 63

1852 - August Alexander Klengel, German pianist and composer, dies at 69

1893 - James Calder, 5th President of the Pennsylvania State University (b. 1826)

1919 - Francisco Moreno, Argentine explorer (b. 1852)

1940 - Wacław Rawicz [Berent], Polish biologist and writer, dies at 67

1944 - Arthur Eddington, English astrophysicist, cosmologist and mathematician (stars), dies at 61

1983 - Michael Conrad, American actor (Delvecchio, Hill St Blues), dies of cancer at 58

1994 - Norma Donaldson, American singer and actress (Poetic Justice, 5 Heartbeats), dies at 68

2001 - Mary Kay Ash, American businesswoman, founded Mary Kay Cosmetics (b. 1915)

2007 - Reg Park, British bodybuilder (Mr Universe 1951, 58, 65), dies at 79

More Famous Deaths »

https://www.onthisday.com/deaths/november/22
Alfalfa Bill
2018-11-22 19:46:54 UTC
Post by Famous Deaths | OnThisDay.com
1813 - Johann Gottfried Vierling, composer, dies at 63
1852 - August Alexander Klengel, German pianist and composer, dies at 69
1893 - James Calder, 5th President of the Pennsylvania State University (b. 1826)
1919 - Francisco Moreno, Argentine explorer (b. 1852)
1940 - Wacław Rawicz [Berent], Polish biologist and writer, dies at 67
1944 - Arthur Eddington, English astrophysicist, cosmologist and mathematician (stars), dies at 61
1983 - Michael Conrad, American actor (Delvecchio, Hill St Blues), dies of cancer at 58
1994 - Norma Donaldson, American singer and actress (Poetic Justice, 5 Heartbeats), dies at 68
2001 - Mary Kay Ash, American businesswoman, founded Mary Kay Cosmetics (b. 1915)
2007 - Reg Park, British bodybuilder (Mr Universe 1951, 58, 65), dies at 79
More Famous Deaths Ż
https://www.onthisday.com/deaths/november/22
If you were going to pick 10 deaths occurring on November 22, isn't there maybe another one that might come to mind?
Adam H. Kerman
2018-11-22 22:07:51 UTC
[commercial post snipped]
Post by Alfalfa Bill
If you were going to pick 10 deaths occurring on November 22, isn't
there maybe another one that might come to mind?
Oh, Our Dear Spammer won't know that one.

In the meantime, I found some other people I'd consider better known
than some of his choices:

Lorenz Hart, Broadway composer
Kim Young-Sam, president of South Korea in the '90s
Walter Reed, who proved the theory that yellow fever was transmitted by
mosquitoes

Several well-known authors: Anthony Burgess, Jack London, Aldous Huxley

Come up and see me sometime: Mae West
Kenny McCormack
2018-11-23 01:49:03 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[commercial post snipped]
Post by Alfalfa Bill
If you were going to pick 10 deaths occurring on November 22, isn't
there maybe another one that might come to mind?
Oh, Our Dear Spammer won't know that one.
In the meantime, I found some other people I'd consider better known
Lorenz Hart, Broadway composer
Kim Young-Sam, president of South Korea in the '90s
Walter Reed, who proved the theory that yellow fever was transmitted by
mosquitoes
Several well-known authors: Anthony Burgess, Jack London, Aldous Huxley
Come up and see me sometime: Mae West
I think the whole point of the "Famous Deaths" auto-poster is to illustrate
some, shall we say, lesser known people. I.e., the point is to come up
with the most obscure, yet defensible (barely) as being noteworthy, people.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Infallibility
Adam H. Kerman
2018-11-23 05:02:39 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[commercial post snipped]
No, I'm pretty sure it's clickbait.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-23 18:12:44 UTC
There was just a question on Jeopardy about this. I didn't know that two famous people died on 11/23/1963: Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis.
Bryan Styble
2018-11-25 02:02:35 UTC
No, they each died on Friday, November 22, 1963--just like Tippit and JFK, although Lewis was the U.K., while Huxley was fading in and out of consciousness much of the day in Los Angeles. (And Tippit and JFK were in, well, you know...)

BRYAN STYBLE/Colorado

Bryan Styble
2018-11-22 22:21:07 UTC
Yeah, Bill, I was thinkin' the SAME thing, only I can't recall who I'm tryin' to remember!

Was it Aldous Huxley? No, don't think so, too highfalutin for this hick from Missouri.

Or maybe C.S. Lewis? Nope, never did dig those Christian apologists.

Man, why can't I recall this one? Oh, I know: it was the palindromic-surnamed Officer J.D. "Jack" Tippit! But what YEAR was that...?

BRYAN STYBLE/Colorado
RHDraney
2018-11-23 02:57:50 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Yeah, Bill, I was thinkin' the SAME thing, only I can't recall who I'm tryin' to remember!
Was it Aldous Huxley? No, don't think so, too highfalutin for this hick from Missouri.
Or maybe C.S. Lewis? Nope, never did dig those Christian apologists.
Man, why can't I recall this one? Oh, I know: it was the palindromic-surnamed Officer J.D. "Jack" Tippit! But what YEAR was that...?
It was exactly 25 years before Carl Hubbell...in 1988 my stepfather got
on the evening news talking about that favorite tenant of his....r