Texas weather reporter Kelly Plasker found dead after Facebook confession
Add Reply
Big Mongo
2020-09-01 23:41:44 UTC
https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/weather-forecaster-found-dead-after-confessing-sins-on-facebook/

Texas weather reporter Kelly Plasker found dead after Facebook confession

A Texas weather forecaster has died after confessing her “sins” in a devastating, final social media post, according to reports.

Kelly Plasker, a reporter with news station KCBD, shared a “final confession for the sins I am responsible for” on Facebook Sunday in which she alleged a teacher groomed her for a relationship in high school.

“He was supposed to be somebody looking out for me, but instead of looking out for me he looked at me in ways that men should not look at children,” she wrote.

The same day, the news station confirmed the sudden death of Plasker, who had worked there for three years.

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of KCBD weekend morning forecaster Kelly Plasker,” vice president and general manager Dan Jackson said in a statement.

“Kelly was a dedicated member of the KCBD weather staff, well-liked by viewers, and admired by her co-workers. Our deepest sympathies go out to Kelly’s family in this time of great loss.”

Though her cause of death wasn’t released, the network aired a tribute that urged viewers to “ask for help if you’re struggling or had thoughts of suicide,” People reported.

In her final post on Facebook, Plaskar appeared to allude to mental health struggles.

“I love you my friends. My brain is broken and I cannot take it anymore,” she wrote.
That Derek
2020-09-02 13:34:16 UTC
https://memorialdesigners.net/obituary/kelly-diane-plasker/

Kelly Diane Plasker
06/17/1978 - 08/30/2020

Obituary
The family of Kelly Plasker will celebrate the life of 42 years at 10:00 am on Saturday, September 5, 2020, at Lake Ridge Chapel. In support of the health of the family, face coverings are mandatory while attending the service and visitation. The service will be live-streamed and be available for thirty days at www.memorialdesigners.net. You are encouraged to sign the virtual guestbook and share memories and expressions of sympathy by selecting the icon.

Stream

Celebration of Life

Funeral Service
Location: Lake Ridge Chapel and Memorial Designers
Date: 09/05/2020
Start Time: 10:00 am
End Time: 11:00 am

6025 82nd St, Lubbock